Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User! Help Needed! Horrible Sinus Headaches.
New User! Help Needed! Horrible Sinus Headaches.
Hello everyone,

I'm new to CPAP therapy and could really use some guidance. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea (AHI 13.3, RDI 18.2) through a Lofta sleep study and started treatment 12 nights ago with an AirSense 11 and a P10 nasal pillow mask.

The Good:
MyAir results are positive (good seal, low events per hour).
  • The mask stays on well.
  • I'm sleeping through the night for the most part, but I just don't know if my quality of sleep is good. 
  • I feel less tired overall I think, but the sinus issues and headaches make it hard to know. 
The Bad:
  • I'm experiencing terrible sinus pressure and headaches.
  • I have difficulty focusing and thinking clearly and feel awful even though I am getting good scores.
What I've Tried:
  • Nasal irrigation before bed
  • Flonase
  • Xclear before sleep and during the day
  • Hose temp at 80 degrees with humidity level 5
  • Hose cover
  • Washing hoses every three days
  • Constant pressure of 6 cmH2O (originally set to auto-adjust between 4-20 cmH2O)
I'm concerned that the nasal pillows are contributing to my sinus issues, but I'm hesitant to switch masks since this one feels comfortable. Could the pressure setting be too low? I've ordered an SD card to track my data with Oscar, hoping that will provide more insights.

I'm determined to make CPAP therapy work, but the sinus problems are making it difficult. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User! Help Needed! Horrible Sinus Headaches.
Welcome to the forum.

To get the best help on this site you really need download the OSCAR program on this site.  To get OSCAR look to the top center of this page, in the black ribbon where it says "OSCAR".  It's free and it will amaze you as to all the information it provides.  You will also need an SD card to record your results.  Once you get it set up post a couple nights charts.  Someone will be along to help you.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.

OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
Positional Apnea

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User! Help Needed! Horrible Sinus Headaches.
Thank you for the information. I have a SD card coming today and will post my sleep data soon!

Really appreciate your time and help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WISDOM NEEDED srlevine1 4 153 Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [CPAP] 1 Week Usage - Help Needed GalaxyRoll 4 160 10-01-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Needed: Friend Struggling with CPAP Compliance Due to Anxiety and Mask Removal Sarin 4 113 09-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CPAP Mask Size Issue: Will Switching to a Large Prevent My Morning Headaches? sinanacar 5 363 09-28-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: sinanacar
  Pressure settings on APAP - Morning Headaches Jhlopez 0 113 09-24-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jhlopez
  Help Needed to Understand Arousals ravman 3 313 09-14-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: ravman
  New user, support needed please Katie.williams 8 387 09-05-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.