Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] More Tired With Less Flow Limitations
More Tired With Less Flow Limitations

Hello everyone.

Almost a week ago I posted about feeling tired and posting about my OSCAR data. Some helpful people suggested changing some things in my CPAP to decrease a possible culprit (flow limitations) to see if that would help. First night I felt restful but the following days I felt truly exhausted, feeling more irritable, morning headaches, etc. 

I went from pressure 6 with EPR 3, to Min 9 to Max 14 with EPR 3 (on Oct 5). Here are my readings.

Should I change back? Consider doing pressure 9 with EPR 3? Consider just going back to pressure 6 with no EPR? I'm stumped.......

6 pictures will all data points...

more pics 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: More Tired With Less Flow Limitations
All the charts are similar in terms of flow rates. To see the difference, zoom into a 2-3 minute segment on a few and see how the waveforms look. 

In the end, it is about comfort. If I was going to recommend something, it would be:

Mode APAP
Min pressure 10
Max pressure 11
EPR 3 full-time
No ramp

Or if in CPAP mode

Mode CPAP
Pressure 11
EPR 3 full-time
No ramp

You may possibly need a bit more pressure or a bit less EPR, but that seems a good place to begin.
Post Reply Post Reply

I found a couple of the waveforms but I think they look the ok.

Also, any reason why 10-11 cm H2O with EPR 3?

I'll definitely give this a try. Is there anything I should be looking out for in OSCAR (other than subjectively how I am feeling) over the next few days to see if the new change would help?
Post Reply Post Reply
You still have some latent flow limitations. Not quite enough to trigger the FL counter, but they are still there. Look at the top of the waveforms and a number are rather flattened, which are the flow limitations.

The reason for a bit more pressure is to keep the pressure swings under control and still give enough pressure to manage the apnoea events. Previous settings worked decently enough, but I think it can be even better with a bit more pressure. Easy enough to try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User, Still Feeling Tired TrevorB22 3 253 10-08-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: TrevorB22
Smile [Treatment] [OSCAR] Still Tired After 1.5 Years of Usage - Any Help Please? sowo123 14 444 10-06-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: sowo123
  Leaks and Flow Rates cyberfiche 4 304 10-02-2024, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Still tired atgg11 3 285 10-01-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: atgg11
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 146 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  is this flow limitation? shyguy 2 282 09-30-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: shyguy
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 114 14,283 09-29-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Fixit50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.