Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I now have the following replacement xPAP for my recalled Philips Respironics xPAP.
This poll is closed.
DS2 - Direct from Philips. (free to me)
41.67%
120 41.67%
DS2 - From My DME, etc. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
4.51%
13 4.51%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished from Philips.
19.44%
56 19.44%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished through my DME, etc.
4.17%
12 4.17%
ResMed - From my DME. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
7.99%
23 7.99%
ResMed - I paid for it 100%. (by choice and/or no help offered by DME)
16.67%
48 16.67%
Other Brand - From my DME, etc.
0.35%
1 0.35%
Other Brand - I paid for it 100%.
5.21%
15 5.21%
Total 288 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
RE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
Progress Report through December 2022
[Image: attachment.php?aid=46734]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I registered my Dreamstation 1 at the Philips recall portal on 6/24/2021. 

My DME has a current RX on file. I have near %100 compliance for over 5 years of CPAP use.

As of today, January 5, 2023, except for the periodic "we’re workin’ on it" emails from Phillips, I have not received word about my recall replacement. The patient portal still says that I’m registered but "your order is still not processed."
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got the recall ball rolling for my eligible Philips product.  It is fraught with bumps and turns I should have expected.  At present I am waiting for Philips to allow me into their online system after telephone conversation registration.
Post Reply Post Reply
My new DS2 came with BlueTooth enabled as well as an SD card. I’m able to connect my iPhone to the DS2 via BlueTooth, get on the Dreammapper website and see and the normal info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wife finally received her replacement ... DS One refurbished directly from Philips.
No consistency, no logic. Now we don't match, two sets of supplies. Good grief.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see Philips is wanting contact with the DME that sold me the System One. That company closed years ago. My machine has a reg. no. I visit the Patient Portal site, put in the no. and get recognized, but no word on a replacement. I guess I need to hurry up and wait.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2023, 05:14 PM)ejbpesca Wrote: I see Philips is wanting contact with the DME that sold me the System One.  That company closed years ago.  My machine has a reg. no.  I visit the Patient Portal site, put in the no. and get recognized, but no word on a replacement.  I guess I need to hurry up and wait.

I called Philips at 833-262-1871 and was told I had two options: (1) Use DreamMapper to upload my settings, or (2) agree to receive an Auto CPAP that would come directly from Philips with factory settings.  The rep said that option (2) would get a replacement machine to me more quickly, as they would not need my prescription settings.  I chose option (2) and was told that, once I receive my machine, I should follow up with my doctor to see if the settings need to be adjusted. 
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2023, 08:40 AM)SleeplessinPgh Wrote: I called Philips at 833-262-1871 and was told I had two options: (1) Use DreamMapper to upload my settings, or (2) agree to receive an Auto CPAP that would come directly from Philips with factory settings.  The rep said that option (2) would get a replacement machine to me more quickly, as they would not need my prescription settings.  I chose option (2) and was told that, once I receive my machine, I should follow up with my doctor to see if the settings need to be adjusted. 

I just called again and they offered the same thing, so I took it as they couldn't get my settings even though I uploaded them to dreammapper...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2023, 03:57 PM)Phaleronic Wrote: I just called again and they offered the same thing, so I took it as they couldn't get my settings even though I uploaded them to dreammapper...

Same here, I couldn't even get my settings to upload on DreamMapper, and the Philips rep was unable to help.  I guess we'll keep our fingers crossed.
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
On the website, though i hadn’t gotten an email about it, it showed that they needed my prescription. I was allowed to elect the auto cpap. Slightly optimistic. Feels like some movement. 

Thanks to those who posted about the option.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Canadian Provider Who Will Send ResMed 10 for Blower Replacement Rickyricardo 4 116 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  How to turn Ramp OFF on Philips Dreamstation2 Mariesie 4 122 09-13-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Mariesie
  Airsense 10 replacement: suggestions? newmar 7 294 09-11-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,996 411,038 09-11-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Has Your Philips Dreamstation Humidifier Lid Latch Failed? FLsleeper7 38 19,675 09-09-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: TycBova
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 30 4,712 09-08-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 67 9,613 09-06-2024, 12:46 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.