Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I now have the following replacement xPAP for my recalled Philips Respironics xPAP.
This poll is closed.
DS2 - Direct from Philips. (free to me)
41.67%
120 41.67%
DS2 - From My DME, etc. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
4.51%
13 4.51%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished from Philips.
19.44%
56 19.44%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished through my DME, etc.
4.17%
12 4.17%
ResMed - From my DME. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
7.99%
23 7.99%
ResMed - I paid for it 100%. (by choice and/or no help offered by DME)
16.67%
48 16.67%
Other Brand - From my DME, etc.
0.35%
1 0.35%
Other Brand - I paid for it 100%.
5.21%
15 5.21%
Total 288 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
RE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
(01-21-2023, 10:32 AM)Justice2345 Wrote: On the website, though i hadn’t gotten an email about it, it showed that they needed my prescription. I was allowed to elect the auto cpap. Slightly optimistic. Feels like some movement. 

Thanks to those who posted about the option.

Yep, thanks for the other post as I had given up on them since I've called three times, uploaded the settings and still received an email that said they needed a recent prescription.  I've remediated my machines myself so this will be another spare or I'll donate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2023, 07:39 PM)SleeplessinPgh Wrote: Same here, I couldn't even get my settings to upload on DreamMapper, and the Philips rep was unable to help.  I guess we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Yep!  Please update the thread if you receive it, and I'll do the same Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2023, 10:32 AM)Justice2345 Wrote: On the website, though i hadn’t gotten an email about it, it showed that they needed my prescription. I was allowed to elect the auto cpap. Slightly optimistic. Feels like some movement. 

Thanks to those who posted about the option.

I agree.  Slightly optimistic.
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, I logged in to their website, put in my confirmation number, and was able to select the option for them to send an auto-CPAP, with the understanding that I would be responsible for contacting me DME/doctor for the correct settings.

I chose that option in a heartbeat.  Sure beats waiting for them to do something.

NOW, as to whether or not this is just another stalling tactic by Philips, time will tell.

PLEASE, if anyone gets an auto-CPAP from them after choosing this option, please post how long it took from when you chose that option to the delivery of a real life auto-CPAP to your home.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I finally got a replacement Dreamstation2. After faxing my prescription, Phillips then ask me to call with Doctor information. I had a hard time getting through to Philips and the the representative couldn't even find my information.

I filed a complaint to the FDA through the Med Watch online system. Wasn't hard to do. I used the approximant date of the recall as the answer to when the problem was noticed. I included a polite letter explaining that I felt like Phillips was prolonging and delaying my replacement. Within 7 days I received an email from Philips stating they had received the complaint from the FDA, and my cpap replacement was now a priority. About 20 days after my complaint a new cpap was at my front door.

I would recommend everyone still waiting on a replacement to file a FDA complaint.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2023, 06:15 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: PLEASE, if anyone gets an auto-CPAP from them after choosing this option, please post how long it took from when you chose that option to the delivery of a real life auto-CPAP to your home.
I registered my machine on 6/18/2021. Once we had the option to receive a replacement without a prescription, I chose that option on 1/17/2023. The message I got when I logged in today shows that my replacement will be shipped 4/27/23.  Progress?
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
I checked back in at the Philips portal to find an optional questionnaire that may result in being sent to the head of the line for replacements.  I am never contacted for the next step in getting a replacement, I must keep checking back to the site.
Post Reply Post Reply
After registering my “BiPap Auto 960P System One 60” in August 2021, and sending in my RX / using the dream mapper software, I finally got a replacement today.  It is a DreamST AutoSV  Model DSX900S11F. 

This was sent directly from Phillips – I have two other machines which are in a DME black hole (my original machine and then a second I purchased on craigslist).  The one I received today was a replacement for one I purchased on craigslist too. 

Looks new...

I think better than the $50 they had offered previously. 

Located in Texas.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2023, 07:15 AM)SleeplessinPgh Wrote: I registered my machine on 6/18/2021. Once we had the option to receive a replacement without a prescription, I chose that option on 1/17/2023. The message I got when I logged in today shows that my replacement will be shipped 4/27/23.  Progress?

This is almost my story exactly. I registered my 3 machines (System One, DS1, DSGo) on 6/17/21. I also selected the option for an auto-PAP on 1/17/23. When I logged in on 1/30/23 it showed that 2 machines (replacing the System One and DS1) will be shipped 4/27/23.

However...I checked FedEx Delivery Manager and both machines shipped out TODAY. The portal still says 4/27/23.

If you don't have FedEx Delivery Manager and you're in the recall, you should use it.

They're going to the wrong address, but that's another story...
Post Reply Post Reply
Signed up for the auto CPAP option about 2 weeks ago, and DS2 arrived today.

I’ve never had a CPAP with a modem: I have a System One (which this replaces) and a DSGo that I bought online and have been using as my primary. Instructions provided says that my DS1 settings will be uploaded to my new DS2, but I don’t have a DS1 and never uploaded anything to a DME. It also says to not insert my SD card from my old device into my new device. I found how to get into the clinician settings on this site, but what will happen with the modem on the new device? Who will it call? I don’t see any way to disable it, airplane mode resets after 3 days. And why can’t my SD card be reused?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Canadian Provider Who Will Send ResMed 10 for Blower Replacement Rickyricardo 4 116 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  How to turn Ramp OFF on Philips Dreamstation2 Mariesie 4 122 09-13-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Mariesie
  Airsense 10 replacement: suggestions? newmar 7 294 09-11-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,996 411,032 09-11-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Has Your Philips Dreamstation Humidifier Lid Latch Failed? FLsleeper7 38 19,675 09-09-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: TycBova
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 30 4,712 09-08-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 67 9,613 09-06-2024, 12:46 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.