Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I now have the following replacement xPAP for my recalled Philips Respironics xPAP.
This poll is closed.
DS2 - Direct from Philips. (free to me)
41.67%
120 41.67%
DS2 - From My DME, etc. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
4.51%
13 4.51%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished from Philips.
19.44%
56 19.44%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished through my DME, etc.
4.17%
12 4.17%
ResMed - From my DME. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
7.99%
23 7.99%
ResMed - I paid for it 100%. (by choice and/or no help offered by DME)
16.67%
48 16.67%
Other Brand - From my DME, etc.
0.35%
1 0.35%
Other Brand - I paid for it 100%.
5.21%
15 5.21%
Total 288 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
RE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
You're quite welcome.
It paints a pretty interesting picture, and I can't believe a year-and-a-half has passed already too.
Coffee
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2023, 01:42 PM)chasmm Wrote: [snip]
My System One, purchased in August 2011, was replaced with a new Dreamstation 2 (non-heated-tubing) today (2023-02-08).  The new machine was manufactured on 2022-12-21.
[snip]
i have a similar "demographic." I have not initiated my recall yet. your response above has raised a new concern - i do not want to lose my heated tube feature. Were you "forced" to take the non-heated tube option for your replacement?  TIA
Post Reply Post Reply
Chask...
The DreamStation 2 can use either a 15mm heated tube or the smaller 12mm heated tube. I'm presently using the 12mm version and it seems to work well. I think it came with a non-heated tube, but it's been a while and I don't recall for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only one of three recalled devices have been replaced - the oldest System One Auto BiPap was replaced with a brand new Dream Station Auto BiPap.  I made a vote in the tally area tonight -
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2023, 01:45 PM)pswartz Wrote: After registering my “BiPap Auto 960P System One 60” in August 2021, and sending in my RX / using the dream mapper software, I finally got my last two machines today.  They are new DreamST AutoSV  Model DSX900S11F. 

These were sent directly from Phillips… the portal stated that they would be fulfilled by the DME, but after a number of round with Phillips and the two DME’s, they showed up.

Note that DME’s these were “assigned to” emphatically denied that they were not fulfilling any machines for Phillips.  It took a number emails and calls, but seems Phillips did what I asked which was to change them from being assigned to a DME to being fulfilled directly. 

The emails and phone numbers which were most helpful were:  pcms.support@philips.com  and 800-345-6443 then # and 5

After 18+ months, I can close the chapter on this!

Lucky you -- I have yet to receive anything. Maybe your pointers will help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gross 
I just received my final two replacements on May 30th- they gave me tow recertified / refurbished dream station auto cpaps for my system one ASV's - that is because my updated doctor's prescription is for a regular auto cpap since my most recent sleep study showed that i didn't require the ASV any longer. 

I don't feel comfortable with using a recertified unit. I know the foam has been removed and it is supposed to be clean and etc, but just don't feel comfortable with it. As I have a lot of allergies/sensitivities, and I am well aware that is is a challenge to get something completely clean as new . . . 

At least I received one new unit. For those of you who are wondering is my unit recertified or new, the packing list will clearly state recertified if it is recertified, and also there is a sticker on the bottom of the device that says Recertified.
Post Reply Post Reply
Progress Report through May 2023
[Image: attachment.php?aid=51165]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
So when the recall came out i went an bought a Respironics DreamStation 2 as a replacement. Just paid out of pocket as a new sleep study deductible would cost more than a new unit. Insurance has this process rigged in their favor. (Want a new unit? Pay deductible on study FIRST, then pay the deductible for the price of a new unit (I know, my insurance really sucks.)

Then Respironics registered one of my two System One 560s. They said it was old and offered me $50 for it. I turned them down and said "Continue remediation path."

Then they said send in a Rx script. I didn't.

Then they said send in a script or we will supply you with an auto adjusting replacement. Mighty nice of them as my 560 it would be replacing was an auto....

I said send the auto.

That was about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday a refurb DS (v 1.0, but with a new blower and airpath so call it a v 1.1). Factory new heated humogrificator device unit.

So, I said, "Cool." I think I'll like the DS v 1.1 better than the DS 2, once the DS 2 wears out (now with 5065 hours total blower time). I found the other Ssytem 1 560 Auto in the closet (3232 hours) and registered it. I've not yet heard back.

I can only report 1 unit on this poll, so it's not really accurately showing my results... should add 2 to the option for DS1 New or Refurb (upgraded phoam) direct from Respironics.

Just sayin'
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump2

Though this should bubble up to the top again.

[Image: 10.gif]
RayBee

~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Questioned my provider if they had any updates from Phillips regarding the recall and voila 24 hours later have a brand new Dreamstation Auto as a replacement for a System one auto.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Canadian Provider Who Will Send ResMed 10 for Blower Replacement Rickyricardo 4 110 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  How to turn Ramp OFF on Philips Dreamstation2 Mariesie 4 117 09-13-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Mariesie
  Airsense 10 replacement: suggestions? newmar 7 294 09-11-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,996 410,945 09-11-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Has Your Philips Dreamstation Humidifier Lid Latch Failed? FLsleeper7 38 19,672 09-09-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: TycBova
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 30 4,707 09-08-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 67 9,607 09-06-2024, 12:46 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.