Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Help with Interpreting Sleep Study
Need Help with Interpreting Sleep Study

Hey Everyone, I hope all is well!

I needed some help interpreting this sleep study. I suspect that I have UARS. I've found that when I use a nasal decongestant spray, claratin, and sleep in an elevated position, my sleep quality increases. But it's still not that good

I see that in the study, I have periods where my heart rate spikes pretty significantly. I'm thinking of getting a used BiPAP just to try and see if there's any improvement. What do you think?

I have attached the full sleep study (first two pages) and WatchPat (last two pages). Thank you in advance. I truly appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Help with Interpreting Sleep Study
Based on the sleep study, I do not see anything to imply you have UARS. O2 is good. Your RDI and AHI are the same, so no arousals were recorded that were not associated with hypopnoea or obstructive events. What I do see are some limb movements, so possibly PLMS or tossing/turning to get comfy. Your AHI alone is not enough for insurance to justify a CPAP machine based on their AHI/RDI<5 standard.

If anyone sees something I am missing, they will let us know.

You could get a used bilevel machine or rent one to give it a try. Worst case you would sell it or return it.

You should start with the basics of sleep hygiene. Give this article a read.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-hygiene
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Is any fully at-home sleep study covered by insurance? sleepwaker 1 172 07-07-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] Would uars be detected/noticed by doctors in a in lab study? Fantasieimpromptu 6 390 07-01-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  PSG Data from Sleep Study - EDF Formats ApneaQuestions 7 2,974 06-27-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: ahuman
  Help! How long (days/months) are sleep study results valid for? ApneaNewbie 7 6,820 06-21-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: JRuck504
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 86 8,613 06-21-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  Sleep position affecting sleep test AHI/OSA classification Fox66 7 290 06-21-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Requesting help interpreting data Henrinator 18 822 06-16-2024, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Henrinator

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.