Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need drool help - cloth mask liners?
Question 
Need drool help - cloth mask liners?
So now that I'm starting to sleep well with CPAP (thanks to everyone who has looked at and/or contributed to my treatment thread!), I'm having one problem that is waking me up that I'd like to try and stop - drooling. 

I tend to sleep on my side and with my mouth open, so when I sleep I tend to drool. I use a full face mask, and I'm happy with the mask and my leaks are low. Only problem now is the last couple of nights now that I'm sleeping well with the mask, I'm being waken up by drool in my mask that I have to take off and wipe off before trying to go back to bed. 

I've checked reddit and this forum for threads on drool issues and the only solution that I saw that might work for my situation is a cloth mask liner that will absorb the drool. So I went to Amazon to look at cpap mask liners for my specific mask, and the reviews are NOT good. So does anyone have recommendations of cloth mask liner brands or models or other possible solutions/ideas? Any help would be appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need drool help - cloth mask liners?
Have you considered switching to a nasal cushions mask?  They provide very good therapy, and leaking is much less of a problem.  Because you drool, you would need to tape your mouth closed.  I mouth breathe and drool some too, but good tape controls the problem.  The trick is to buy a good 2-inch wide tape cut to about 5-1/2 inches long.  I thought taping would feel claustrophobic, but it is surprisingly comfortable and not claustrophobic at all.  If you have sensitive skin (I do) and find tape removal painful, you can apply some Milk of Magnesia where the tape will go, let it dry then put on the tape.  It removes painlessly in the morning.  Yay!  Anyway, something to consider that can solve your drooling problem and provide better sleep.  Good luck with whatever you try! Smile

As to the tape, lots here like Cover Roll Stretch Tape, and it is pretty cheap. I like Theraband Kinesiology tape better, but it is more expensive.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a hard-core side sleeper / mouth breather. I've been using a ResMed AirFit F20 and F30 mask. I don't know if it's because of the type of mask, but I don't have any issues with drooling.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2024, 12:14 PM)TheBinarySon Wrote: does anyone have recommendations of cloth mask liner brands or models or other possible solutions/ideas? Any help would be appreciated!
 Check Supplier #31 in the Suppliers List.
I use them with a Resmed Quattro FX mask.
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2024, 07:09 AM)LoudSnorer Wrote:  Check Supplier #31 in the Suppliers List.
I use them with a Resmed Quattro FX mask.

I wanna thank everyone for their recommendations, but in particular for making me aware of Supplier 31.  I got my custom made face mask liner on Saturday, so I've only used it twice so far, but not only is it helping with my drooling problem, it's getting rid of the redness that was showing up on my face where my mask went, particularly on my chin. This thing feels great on my skin, is easy to put on, and I'm really happy with the purchase so far.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 592 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Anyone use Pad a cheek liners? sleepingbetterinFl 3 270 07-19-2024, 12:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 519 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Mask Liners newtothis1 1 659 12-31-2023, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 3,532 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  mask liners F30i face mask cberistain 7 2,430 10-20-2022, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Kidatply
  Mask Liners and Leaks ejbpesca 2 938 10-09-2022, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Melman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.