Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need some help understanding flow limits based on my SleepHQ data
Need some help understanding flow limits based on my SleepHQ data
Hello! After getting diagnosed with mild to moderate sleep apnea (around 14-15 AHI) - I began using my ResMed11 on 3/1/24 - I was able to get used to it pretty quickly, but I'm not sure I am getting the full benefit quite yet, as I am not feeling refreshed and energized in the mornings and my flow limits seem weird, but I am also super new at this. Would you mind taking a look at my SleepHQ data to see if anything needs to change? 

I have my EPR set to 3 and my min pressure has been set to 7, but I've worked up to 8 over the last week. My max pressure is at 13. 

I'm happy to share more info from SleepHQ to get a better understanding of how Flow Limit may be holding back my success with CPAP therapy - I'm just pretty new and ignorant to a lot of this and want to make sure I am doing my best. I'm not even sure what a good or bad flow limit is but based on some google searches, it does not seem great - like my sleep cycles may be restarting if I have a bad one?

Either way, thank you for any help and guidance you can share! 

Here is my dashboard from last night, 6-9 

Here is a brief look at my last 30 days 

Thank you again for any help or insight you can provide!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need some help understanding flow limits based on my SleepHQ data
Danno220;
Sorry I can't help You with Your flow limit question ..

Just a heads up check the off topic forum, celerygirl
has a thread there about Sleep HQ You may find ot of interest ..
Post Reply Post Reply
very interesting indeed. i wouldn't consider paying 15 bucks a month for their "service" anyways but now even less.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not at all familiar with sleep HQ other than the name. OSCAR is the one I'm more used to seeing. Free, great format, and it just works well. Great support as the developers are here on Apnea Board and are constantly updating the application.

Anyway, lots of CPAP users have been dealt bad sleep for years before an Apnea diagnosis, and therefore the therapy takes months to help. Some CPAP users begin to feel somewhat better very quickly, others it'll take more time. And the timing depends on how bad things were before, and how quickly you get the right settings optimized.

If I'm accurate in that you have flow limits of .2 plus currently, constantly, then you'll need to edit settings. If you're on ResMed AirSense 10 or 11 AutoSet, with EPR 3 full time and a minimum of 7 cmH2O pressure as your minimum, next up is increasing minimum to 8, and considering higher. There's also the possibility it could be some Positional Apnea aspect, but I cannot decipher the current chart well enough to see it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR 1, hight flow limit, but lots of CA throwaway1242 4 81 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: throwaway1242
  Switched to full face mask last night. Flow limitation increased obstructedairway101 9 110 11 minutes ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] Understanding OSCAR Michellebeyer 2 130 10-15-2024, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] More Tired With Less Flow Limitations sowo123 3 226 10-10-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Understanding My Oscar Data - Improving Usage, Possible CSR brokenslinky 4 238 10-09-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 6 363 10-06-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: twomashi
  [CPAP] What is the myAir sleep duration score based on? jefferyscott0 4 241 10-06-2024, 05:26 AM
Last Post: R750R

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.