Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes
RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes
(08-06-2024, 08:34 PM)aussienana Wrote: Looks painful

You do not want to know the device I secure on my back every evening:  Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
G.Szabo - all I can say is Wow ? And Ouch ?! I don’t think I’d have any sleep with that strapped to my back but it would cure the sleep apnea ?
Post Reply Post Reply
The overwhelming cause of the apneas is positional, as some of our veterans emphasize it. This device and other adjustments dropped my treatment pressure to half, pushing my AHI to zero most nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll try for a few weeks with the new mask and new pressures. If it looks like I’m still flipping onto my back and having episodes, I’ll bite the  bullet and purchase a backpack. 

Thanks for the info and help
Post Reply Post Reply

Am posting two graphs from Friday and Saturday night.  Fridays looks brilliant but, for the first time since beginning of July, had a long episode of Cheyne-Stokes on Saturday night. 

I am now wearing the Caldera Releaf collar in bed (a lot easier to sleep with than the Futuro) with the F40 and I have ordered myself the Checkmate 02 Max bluetooth pulse oximeter to see if that will help.

Anybody got any other ideas?  It seems a bit weird that I can go so long between episodes or is it not unusual?
Post Reply Post Reply

Saturdays data with Cheyne-Stokes.  If you need a closer look at any of the data please let me know.

Appreciate all help given.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be best if you still increased your minimum pressure. Try 13 as the first step.
As for the Cheyne-Stokes, I hope others will chip in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2024, 08:14 PM)G. Szabo Wrote: It would be best if you still increased your minimum pressure. Try 13 as the first step.
As for the Cheyne-Stokes, I hope others will chip in.

Hi G Szabo - will do as suggested and increase min pressure to 13 tonight, max to stay the same.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Recent charts look better. I do agree with G. Szabo to raise your minimum pressure. I'd like to see your pressure graph not look so much like a roller coaster. A narrower pressure range may help.

You still have high flow limitation, but probably due to back sleeping. Dont-know

I wouldn't worry over the small segment of Cheyne-Stokes. I believe ResMed labels it CSR, but is more than likely periodic breathing.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A new SD card should just slip right in since they are usually pre-formatted- it has been reported that the max card slot on some older machines was 32gb - others have reported max up to 256gb  - you might want to stick with 32gb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zoll Remede System for Central/Cheyne Stokes Fixit50 2 156 09-26-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Fixit50
  epr and cheynes stokes Gailofiowa 3 256 09-09-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Oscar Missing Apneas or Cheyne Stokes? Westernsleep 2 201 09-05-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Is this Cheyne-Stokes? Coberson75 3 274 09-05-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Coberson75
  Cheyne Stokes - Mask/Leak Related? mark.apnea 4 309 08-12-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Cheyne Stokes Respiration? pen123 27 4,221 08-01-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: jaguarman9991
  Could this be Cheyne Stokes? jr991 3 272 07-29-2024, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeptechmaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.