Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Could this be Cheyne Stokes?
Could this be Cheyne Stokes?
Hello, every couple of nights I will get one or two clusters of CA events that don't get flagged as CSR but to me they look a lot like it. Just wanted to get some others thoughts on this if I could please. Also, is this something to be concerned about at this stage or is it not significant enough to worry too much about? I do have a follow up with my sleep doctor in a month and a half. For some reason I can't capture an entire screenshot of all my Oscar graphs but I think you should be able to see what I'm referring to in the images I was able to attach.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Could this be Cheyne Stokes?
What I do know about Cheyne-Stokes breathing is that you'll typically have heart failure. Do you? You'd not need to guess, your quality of life will be rather poor, at least gauging it from what my father dealt with. You'll also have a cardiologist working with you.

Your other merged thread didn't mention that you have any heart failure.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I definitely do not have heart failure, however I do have some strange heart and neurological things going on at the moment as well. These clusters typically happen towards the beginning or end of sleep from what I have observed so far. I suspect this means something since it's not throughout the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks somewhat close to cheyne stokes but it does not look like a perfect crescendo- decreschendo that you would expect to see. Probably sleep onset centrals. Cheyne stokes would be more continually through the night instead of right at the beginning. That EPAP is really low so that could be contributing to them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  epr and cheynes stokes Gailofiowa 1 46 2 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
  Oscar Missing Apneas or Cheyne Stokes? Westernsleep 2 106 09-05-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Is this Cheyne-Stokes? Coberson75 3 133 09-05-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Coberson75
  New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes aussienana 62 2,036 08-23-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: aussienana
  Cheyne Stokes - Mask/Leak Related? mark.apnea 4 257 08-12-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Cheyne Stokes Respiration? pen123 27 4,049 08-01-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: jaguarman9991
  Cheynes Stokes - is that what this screen shot shows? liz0859 12 491 06-22-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: liz0859

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.