Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes
RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes
Thanks Opal Rose - I got a bit worried seeing Cheyne-Stokes appear again, when you look up the definition of it, it's quite anxious inducing.   Thinking-about

I think my charts are definitely heading in the right direction.  Will change settings and post again in a couple of days.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can understand.  I based my response from the information you provided in post #5.  

"No CSR’s recorded on my sleep study."  "I had an EEG in Feb prior to a hip replacement and no abnormalities were recorded."

As long as you don't have any known heart issues, then it's just periodic breathing.  It doesn't hurt though to touch base with your doctor, especially if you would see this occurring more frequently.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi All,

Am attaching the last two nights of data with the increased min pressure.  Can anyone have a look and let me know if everything looks good or we have to do some more adjustments.

Am also attaching data from last night that I'm curious about - is this mask leaking, turning over or something else?  It occurs elsewhere too.

Opal Rose - have a Dr's appointment next week so will bring this to her attention.
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
Significantly better!

Although you would benefit from some more pressure increase, it would be better to find out what happened two times during these nights that spiked your pressure. If you can avoid those events, you could settle with the current pressure. Higher pressure would cause even more leaks. Your leaks look oral. Did you tape your mouth? 

Perhaps you tuned to your back, or you had nasal congestion. Would you mind posting three-minute windows of your flow rate on 12 August at 4:00 and 11 August at 00:40?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi G Szabo

Attached the 3 mins of 11th and 12th.

I wear the F40 mask which is a FFM as I do mouth breath - I also have the F20.  Cannot get on with nasal masks and mouth tape.

Post Reply Post Reply
G Szabo - did the charts offer any insights?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2024, 03:12 AM)aussienana Wrote: G Szabo - did the charts offer any insights?
No. Your pattern looks ok. 
You probably change positions during sleep or switch between nasal and oral breathing. With an FF mask and no taping, you cannot do much about the latter. 
I suggest you work on your position and strictly enforce slide sleeping. To reduce leaks, try a CPAP pillow with your FF mask. 
My experience with nasal clogging is that it gets better with increasing humidity. Right now, I am at maximum moisture and maximum hose temperature. 
You can also try some nasal sprays. A lot of our members are using them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi G Szabo,

Thats great to hear!  I don't have any nasal congestion atm but will keep your advice to hand for when I do.

Work in progress re side sleeping.  I've noticed I've been waking up on my back a few times - turns out this is the most comfortable position for me to be in - but not effective for therapy   Sad .  I find sleeping on my right side uncomfortable and sore after my hip operation and sleeping on my left is making my shoulder ache.  I'm sleeping on the flattest pillow I have (my granddaughter's) but will look into a CPAP pillow.

Is it totally out of the question to sleep on my back?  Is there any guidance for this?

Once again, thank you for your help, its all appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2024, 06:07 PM)aussienana Wrote: I find sleeping on my right side uncomfortable and sore after my hip operation and sleeping on my left is making my shoulder ache.  
Here you are the solution I have been successfully using for about half a year for reliving shoulder pain and enhancing side sleep:  MedCline Shoulder Relief Wedge and Body Pillow System
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zoll Remede System for Central/Cheyne Stokes Fixit50 2 156 09-26-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Fixit50
  epr and cheynes stokes Gailofiowa 3 256 09-09-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Oscar Missing Apneas or Cheyne Stokes? Westernsleep 2 201 09-05-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Is this Cheyne-Stokes? Coberson75 3 274 09-05-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Coberson75
  Cheyne Stokes - Mask/Leak Related? mark.apnea 4 309 08-12-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Cheyne Stokes Respiration? pen123 27 4,221 08-01-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: jaguarman9991
  Could this be Cheyne Stokes? jr991 3 272 07-29-2024, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeptechmaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.