Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What type of mask should I select on my device?
Question 
What type of mask should I select on my device?
I started out using a nasal pillow mask so I choose "pillows" as the options on my device. But now I have changed to another mask and I wonder if I should change my setting from "pillow" to "nasal" or which one is correct?

This is the new mask I have changed to: [DME Link Removed] - https://www.resmed.com/en-us/sleep-apnea...irfit-n30/

This mask is not under the "nasal pillow" category but instead the nasal mask category so that is why I wonder if I should change my setting.

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What type of mask should I select on my device?
Use “pillows” if using a nasal cushion mask. I use the N30i and Dreamwear under nose cushion and my setting is “pillows”.

Tip: On the back of the frame package you should see the recommended setting. A lot of people, myself included, missed it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2023, 11:26 AM)YipeekiOH Wrote: Use “pillows” if using a nasal cushion mask. I use the N30i and Dreamwear under nose cushion and my setting is “pillows”.

Tip: On the back of the frame package you should see the recommended setting. A lot of people, myself included, missed it.

Thank you. Strange I dont see any recommended setting on the back of my mask package? I only have description on how to adjust the straps to make it less or more tight?
Post Reply Post Reply
The user guide on the page as linked by the moderator in the original post states on page 8 to use “pillows”. It also explains how to tighten the straps.

Resmed N30 User Guide

-PLP
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe with the P10 pillow mask, you should use the pillow setting.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2023, 12:58 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: The user guide on the page as linked by the moderator in the original post states on page 8 to use “pillows”. It also explains how to tighten the straps.

Resmed N30 User Guide

-PLP

Ah I see thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pattern in high resolution mask pressure in resmed device rberry1 1 131 09-11-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 420 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [CPAP] LeeMan's Therapy and Questions - Device usage showing gaps LeeMan88 18 682 08-08-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: LeeMan88
  Oral Mandibular Device causing dry mouth dharma2255 4 246 08-07-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: nh00
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 14 23,193 08-01-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Inspire device recall Narcil 7 487 07-31-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Pressure] CA's and V-COM Device bhoskins 10 534 07-11-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: HenryECole81

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.