Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

O2 Ring vs Checkme O2
O2 Ring vs Checkme O2
I am in need of a fairly fast decision about this. I mean, not in the next hour, of course. Smile

Connection to OSCAR would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

Is the Checkme worth the extra money? I am considering it because the battery life is longer and I can wear it while awake as well as when asleep.

I can find a lot of reviews but it is this place I trust the most.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: O2 Ring vs Checkme O2
The Checkme is a SleepU on steroids.   Consider this, both the SleepU and Checkme have the electronics as a wrist wearable unit.  The O2Ring has everything all on your finger.  This makes the O2Ring's finger weight more than the finger probes for the other two. All allow 4 10-hour sessions before rewriting the oldest file.

I probably added more doubt to your decision.   I'm happy to help!   Whistle

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both, I wear the o2ring
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2024, 08:17 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I probably added more doubt to your decision.   I'm happy to help!   Whistle
- Red

Why yes, yes you did you snot.

And the weight on my finger is a concern. I'm thinking I would take it off in my sleep. I often did my old clamp one.

The 10hr session is a concern. Since I often go to bed and lay there waiting to sleep, those hours would be wasted. Then when I do fall asleep, I tend to wake up, stare at ceiling, then fall back asleep. Being "in bed" for 12 hrs is not uncommon.

Well crap.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You disappointed me.  I was expecting a "Bless your heart!". Smile

When a 10-hour recording session is reached, it will start another session.  There is usually a small-time gap between them.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
According to the docs the checkme has a higher sample rate and much longer battery life. When I got mine it said the sample rate was 1 second, the newer one says 2 seconds, but the sample rate being higher has been disputed on here several times.
I can only conclude there are several versions of the checkme. Part of that being when I hd issus with the wrist strap they sent me a new one, but had to verify the model ahead of time, then they still sent me the wrong one for free. The newer unit is slightly smaller and quotes a 2 second sample rate, but seems to only record 4 second averages.

The O2ring quotes 4 second sample rate. I am not sure what it averages to for reporting.

That said, I turn the vibration rate to max, but turn down the alarm to 40 for pulse and 82 for SpO2 so it doesn't go off unless there is something worth waking me up for.

Where the ring sits right up against the hand the weight is far less noticable than the tip of the finger monitor.

With the vibration turned down/off neither I nor my wife take it off in our sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
The sample rate could well be 1-second, but it only records an entry every 4-seconds. I can't say if this is an average of the 4, or every fourth sample.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
In any case, engineering folks want as high a sample rate as possible, but in my opinion it doesn't matter if the sample rate is 1 second or 10 or 4 second averages. But really how fine grain is actually of note or use?
Post Reply Post Reply
With the four second sampling rate of my Wellue OxyLink (same as the O2Ring as far as the exported data is concerned) I can see a very clear correlation between my Minute Ventilation and oxygen saturation waveforms, as well as desaturations that happen as a result of apneas (with a thirty second delay), so although I would prefer a higher sampling rate it seems to be roughly adequate.

Not sure a ten second average would work, but you clearly don't need super high resolution data for it to be at least somewhat informative.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sample rate is totally dependent on the variability of the area of interest.   Consider measuring the temperature of the ocean.  A sample rate of an hour would be over sampling.  Getting back to the relevant topic.  O2 levels do not change that abruptly.  Consider the body as an O2 storage cell.  Also, there is a latency between the actual cause for the drop and its reporting.  Pulse, arterial flow, and the distance between the lungs and the sensor play into this, too.  On the other hand, if your major concern is pulse, then oximeters are not the device to use.  A recording ECG is the proper monitoring device for this.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] How accurate is the Wellue O2 Ring? desaturator 13 10,314 08-22-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: cps22
  LOOKEE-Ring-01 Usage so Far jcpose 4 158 08-17-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: jcpose
  02 ring during day? RainyDog 3 280 07-05-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: therhile
  Does anyone use a 02 Ring? Insomniax 5 579 07-02-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David424
  wild pulse rate swings (o2 ring) eok361 2 390 05-10-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: icipher
  Wellue Checkme O2 & OSCAR Brewskie 9 1,329 05-10-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  added a wellue o2 ring. importing data was easy eok361 0 350 05-01-2024, 08:09 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.