Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxygen with Airsense 11 Auto
Question 
Oxygen with Airsense 11 Auto
I just purchased an Airsense 11 auto, but I see that my Climatelineair Oxy10 is not compatible.  I know i can buy a port adapter,  but then I can't use the Climatelineair tubing. Not to mention the machine would be too far from the wall to sit on it's shelf. I could turn it sideways, but then the touchscreen would be facing away from me. What a stupid design decision; I'm sure they saved $10;doing away with the swivel port.

I wanted the Bluetooth so I can use my Nonin oxygen monitor, as everything else I've tried is junk. My lastest Wellvue product wouldn't connect until they updated the App and now it says the sensor is not inserted. Yes, I've tried another sensor. Wellvue does not respond to support requests. I recently tried the Sleepon, which is better than I expected,  but it has random oxygen drops that aren't real. I'm currently using the Galaxy watch,  Oura and Sleepon. The sleep stage data for these is voodoo, with the Oura being best, and Sleepon being the worst. The oxygen, and heart rate are similar for all three at a macro level, but the dropouts on the Sleepon make it unusable as a low oxygen warning. 

Has anyone used oxygen with the Airsense 11? I assume you're just using the oxygen adapter and living without the Climatelineair tubing?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxygen with Airsense 11 Auto
Doesn't this one have an air port?

ResMed ClimateLineAir™ Oxy CPAP Tubing (Model # 37357)
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2024, 03:00 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Doesn't this one have an air port?

ResMed ClimateLineAir™ Oxy CPAP Tubing (Model # 37357)

Yes, but it only fits the Airsense 10 / Aircurve 10, not the Airsense 11. I already have one of those for my Aircurve 10 ST-A. 

I know i can attach the oxygen port (adapter) at the mask end, but my mask doesn't have any tail (tubing). The Climatelineair Oxy connects directly to the elbow at the top of my mask.  I don't really want the oxygen tubing dangling around my neck. I think I've seen female to male short tubing somewhere. I could put the oxygen adapter between the extension tubing the the new Climatelineair tubing. Still a PITA, but better than adding it at the machine port.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry the info in the left column said you had a 10.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2024, 04:56 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Sorry the info in the left column said you had a 10.

That's OK, the 11 hasn't shipped yet. I'm just getting ready for the new arrival.  

I did find 18" tubing, but it's female to female. I found couplers on Amazon US, but not here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepy Willy;
Ever think about putting the adapter between the climateline and mask, run the O2 line under a climateline tube cover ...
To keep the O2 line under control ?? You would think Resmed would have come out with a ported climateline for the AS 11
long ago .. The cpap/apap version has been out 3 or 4 years now ??
Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Would something like this inline CPAP hose oxygen bib work?

Search the web for this "CPAP hose adapter oxygen bib"

Image is a sample...

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, but it can't be used on the machine end, as i want to use the Climatelineair tubing. This means I have to use it on the mask end, but my hose attaches at the mask, i.e. my mask doesn't have a snorkel. 

I found 18" tubing, so i can attach the Oxygen adapter between the short tube and the Climatelineair tubing. The only problem is that the short tubing is F to F, so I'd need a M to M coupler to join the adapter to the Climatelineair tubing. Not horrible,  but a minor PITA. 

The other option would be to put a nipple on the humidifier and attach the oxygen there. Not sure if this would work. 

I contacted ResMed to see what they have to say.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen posts that mentioned using this adapter at the mask end. In order to manage the O2 tubing, they would use a hose cover and parallel it along the hose.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SUPPLEMENTAL OXYGEN? srlevine1 4 79 6 hours ago
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Higher AHI Readings on AirSense 11 than AirSense 10 Bmck8381 0 98 10-17-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Bmck8381
  New to all of this and would like help with my overnight oxygen test results Shannon80 1 137 10-16-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross SP02 blood oxygen drops spo2 6 307 10-06-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  recommendation for Oxygen measurement eggplant7 1 161 09-29-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  ASV with Oxygen Drops, leaks and aerophagia redking2436 7 449 09-20-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Camping with CPAP & oxygen??? dkrakel 0 167 08-24-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: dkrakel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.