Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phrenic nerve stimulator thoughts?
RE: Phrenic nerve stimulator thoughts?
OK.

I only asked because I cannot burp at all due to having Retrograde cricopharyngeus dysfunction (RCP-D), and also have an issue with aerophagia. It has caused my esophagus to stretch out and is probably the reason for my hiatal hernia and GERD. But I've recently had a Botox treatment for it that may resolve that problem and allow me to burp. I thought if that was also your problem you might not be aware of it since most people (and most doctors) have never heard of it. 

Hope the procedure works for you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I discussed this very issue with my ENT and he said Botox wouldn't work for me. He specializes in the Inspire, so he was quite knowledgeable on the implants. He referred me to a cardiothoracic dr. for the Remede implant. My insurance will pay the travel costs, so it's a no brainer for me. 

You would think the sleep drs. would be experts on these devices/treatments- boy was I wrong! I've suffered for ~10 yrs with failing CPAP, BIPAP, ASV, etc. and whack-a-mole medicine...
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess we have to remember that they're only "practicing" medicine. Maybe that's something that AI might actually improve some day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Waking times - what are your thoughts? Blubarb 2 153 09-14-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Auroraborealis Sleep Data thread - thoughts on hypoxemia Auroraborealis 10 298 09-11-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  New User 1 week, still high AHis, thoughts? JacksonMahoney 4 216 08-31-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  I cannot fall asleep with my bipap/home ventilator. Hypoglossal nerve stimulator? Jay51 224 19,390 08-20-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New mask. Thoughts on pressure? accetableplaintain 2 234 08-10-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  Thoughts after less than a week, and questions SkySleep 18 698 07-14-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: SkySleep
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 14 915 07-13-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: ac123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.