Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment
RE: Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment
While it's good you're feeling a little better, I wish you could say you were feeling fine.

Do try working on your sleep schedule, especially getting up at the same time each day.

If you do have UARS, I'm not sure knowing that would change anything about your PAP treatment. What do you think a diagnosis might change?

Has your blood work included all of these: testosterone, thyroid, Lyme disease, vitamin B12, iron panel, panel for autoimmune diseases in the connective tissue disease family?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment
Yeah it's true that getting an UARS diagnosis wouldn't actually change much, I'm already treating myself like I have it. It's more so for peace of mind so it doesn't feel like I'm on a wild goose chase lol.

I did have my testosterone and thyroid checked, both were normal. Haven't checked for lyme, but I've never gotten a tick bite. Haven't checked B12 or iron, but I take a good multi-vitamin everyday and eat well rounded so I doubt there's any vitamin deficiencies (beyond Vit D). Haven't had an autoimmune panel, I do have psoriasis, but no other autoimmune issues I'm aware of. No family history of relevant disorders either.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have serious deficiencies, a multi-vitamin and a balanced diet won't necessarily help. (I speak as someone currently working with my doctor on iron deficiency problems.) Given your daytime symptoms, I think an autoimmune panel would be worthwhile. In addition, there is some association between psoriasis and other autoimmune diseases. The reason I am going on about this is that fatigue is a common symptom for people who have connective tissue disease.

Be aware that testing for UARS requires sleep study that ideally uses a probe to measure Pes (esophageal pressure). It can also be diagnosed using a nasal cannula/pressure transducer to measure the inspiratory airflow vs time signal. In other words, don't settle for a sleep test that doesn't include one of these features.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only thing that strikes me is that your mean tidal volume and minute vent figures are quite low for someone of your size. That could be caused by medication but from the thread it doesn't look like you are taking anything before going to bed. But your mean pulse and SPO2 both look good, so probably not an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys, I have a few questions about my data from last night that hopefully someone can answer. This isn't really an update to my situation, more so just curiosity and maybe further clues to adjust my treatment.

So overall my data looks quite good; low AHI, good SpO2, and almost nothing in the leak rate and flow limit charts.

But what has me a bit puzzled is why my heart is clearly more elevated/choppy in the 2nd half of the night. I do see some correlation in the leak and flow limit spikes but that doesn't seem to account for it all. Any thoughts or ideas on that? Could dreaming cause this? I do often have vivid/immersive dreams.

Also, last night I was only aware of turning over once while sleeping (one side to the other), yet I'm seeing a fair amount of periodic activity spikes on the movement chart. Could this just be data "noise" like subtle hand/arm twitching, or could it be indicative of a larger issue? (like PLMD)

Thanks again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Heart rate during dream states will definitely vary with the intensity and passion of the dream, check your respiration rate and tidal volume. Other measurements will also give clues to our sleep states.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
As UnicornRider suggests, your heart rate may change during REM sleep, becoming faster or more irregular. For some people, it's hard to tell when REM sleep occurs from the kinds of data our machines and our wearables generate. For others, it's pretty easy. (I find that my respiration rate is a pretty good guide to REM sleep -- higher during REM.)

About the timing of the changes: we tend to get more REM sleep during the later parts of the night. That may be the reason for the pattern you're noticing.

As for the motion indicators, I don't know what your wearable responds to, so I don't really know.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 871 64,968 2 hours ago
Last Post: DaveL
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 28 4,415 4 hours ago
Last Post: SenatorBirch
  [Treatment] Help with treatment, questions, approach, understanding UsuallyTired 28 1,102 10 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  23 yr old W/ Good AHI - Still tired and foggy daytong 7 229 09-05-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: daytong
  [Treatment] Unflagged events, treatment ineffective slatejetpack 4 113 09-05-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Oximeter Accuracy: Wellue vs. VirtuOx SunMesa 2 89 09-04-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: SunMesa
  Restarting CPAP treatment, looking for guidance croc 40 2,903 09-04-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: croc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.