Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
PM sent....
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was terrible. I am not rested at all. I moved so very much!
What changed...
* didn't use the soft cervical collar
* I changed masks and the old one leaked badly.

I've learned....
Be careful where you put the camera; I knocked mine out of alignment so the videos were not as helpful. In fact it was a wasted night. Except I clearly saw
I moved a lot. A huge amount. Most movements during the night were checking with one or both hands to see if I had my mask on.

Tonight will be better. I hope.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, without going through the whole thread, what mask models have you used ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you just start recording or have done it for a while? Takes some effort to review but try to figure out what average night looks like and then pick out one thing at a time to try and improve.

Just based on your description sounds like there were mask or PAP related issues last night. Did Oscar show anything correlating with poor pap/sleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2022, 12:13 PM)nightgagger Wrote: Dave, without going through the whole thread, what mask models have you used ?

Breeze nasal pillows for first 5 years

So many masks....

Counting back
* ResMed N20--maybe 5 of them.  I have a medium (that's my right size), and a Large. The Large just doesn't fit. Last night I used an old medium N20. It leaked a lot. Night before I used the Large I'm overdue for a new mask.

* Dreamwear--caused a bump on my nose that was surgically removed. Doc said she got it all.... :Sad I modified the headgear. Had to mask fell off my head.  Baldspot is too slippery.

* Wisp--bump actually started with this; got worse with Dreamwear.

* some ResMed & Respironics nasal masks. typically with cushions above the nose. They lasted a long time. I don't like the fit.

I've recently tried about 4 of the latest full face masks. Couldn't keep them on. F20 stayed on for a couple of hours but leaked horribly No Go.

F30 & F30i?  modified headgear?  I've read so much in the reviews I am so confused.

I've had terrible service from sleep docs in the past. I have a hate for F&P masks?  Respironics masks? the bump on my nose turned me right off of them.

My DME over-charges for masks. But they give good advice.  Except for C-19.

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2022, 12:35 PM)Geer1 Wrote: Did you just start recording or have done it for a while? Takes some effort to review but try to figure out what average night looks like and then pick out one thing at a time to try and improve.

Just based on your description sounds like there were mask or PAP related issues last night. Did Oscar show anything correlating with poor pap/sleep?

That's where I am at.

I apologize to sleepless. He suggested a video camera some time ago. I've used it for 3 nights.
* restless leg syndrome is minor
* almost all of my motions are with my arms.  reaching up to my mask. reaching down to adjust my bed.  Those two things happen about 45 times last night.

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Question---

Need some help.....There's a ResMed mask that people here have modified with a Respironics attachment so the head gear doesn't slip.  What mask is that? Is it the P31?

If you can tell me I'll read reviews and see if I can get one on loan from my DME (and buy the Respironics attachment from amazon if they have it here in Canada. Use that and see if the mask works.

I am interested in proper nasal pillows masks; not like the Dreamware I had that slid on the end of my nose.

edit:  I called my DME supplier. Once I figure out which mask to try & buy I'll go there.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Over 60 videos triggered by movement last night.

10? legs.
Rest--arms typically reaching up to my mask

Called my DME supplier yesterday. I want to get a different mask. (I don't have faith in the process because of C-19.)

What I learned today is that when I fall asleep in front of the tv I don't move at all. Maybe 1/2 the time, I make the mistake of lying on the couch. I quickly fall asleep. No cpap. No movement.

Feelings.
Hopeless
When I watched my videos this morning I felt like crying. About 35 years of treatment. For what?

N20 mask as usual; old one that I had kept as parts. Bad leakage. My new N20 leaks too; defective I think.
soft cervical collar
tape. I've used tape on my lips now for about 10 days. I'm a convert. And as suggested here I'm using a 2" strip, vertical. Saves a lot of tape! And leaves corner of my mouth open as a slit...

I'll download my card.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm.  You mention you hate F&P masks( ?) ....
I would recommend the F&P Brevida, but also with different headgear as it also sounds like these masks tend to slip off your head.
There is a doctor in Australia, whom I heard on a podcast, using the headgear from an F&P Eson mask to prevent slippage.
I haven't tried this myself as I don't have slippage problems, but I find this intriguing.
Here's a pic from the podcast:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
nightgagger I had the sleep doc from h*ll.

I got my 2nd cpap from him. I'd used my first  machine for 9 years. He wouldn't give me a prescription for a new machine until the first one broke.
I got a Respironics brick from him.  Second brick. I didn't know better.  Humidifier.  And F&P mask. I wanted to substitute. Nope.  One mask for everyone...I'm sure he was getting greased.

I still get cross-eyed angry reminding that experience and others. Welcome to the Canadian medical system.

I appreciate your thoughts and patience.  Photo is interesting. mask looks sturdy.  I should know better. I've had bad masks from other makes.

and the source is interesting too.  So thank you, from my heart.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] APAP Settings Review falcon940 2 187 10-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: falcon940
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 25 1,552 10-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ac123
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,500 10-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: fudo
  Review My Oscar Data; Any Recommendations? Websurfer49 1 114 10-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help With CPAP Treatment (Oscar Help) Bosox6177 2 150 10-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bosox6177
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 245 10-17-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] New issues after 4 years of treatment Compton2233 4 252 10-17-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Compton2233

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.