Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
DaveL,
I'm glad your procedure went well and you're home recuperating.  

I'm sure they has good reasons for not allowing you to use your Cpap, but at least you're home now and can get back on track.

I have two relatives that had stents and they are doing well.  

Take care of yourself.   Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OpalRose

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose, my understanding is that sleep apnea treatment is essential to prevent strokes and heart attack. I've followed prescribed treatment, for about 35 years.
I included my issues with heart disease hoping it might help others, and encourage someone to take action for their own health.

I'm thankful that I've been compliant so long and I'm thankful for the help here.

DaveL
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave,
Sleep Apnea treatment (use of Cpap) won't cure or keep you from having a heart attack or stroke, especially if it's hereditary or if you haven't taken care of yourself over the years, like having a bad diet, drinking in excess and smoking, etc.

But I believe that refusing to use a Cpap when prescribed, as many do, and knowing you have other health issues could aggravate the situation.

Dave, it's good that you've used your Cpap and have let others know of your heart problems.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!

A heartfelt thank you to you and others.

And specially to Brazen who provided me with insights here that really helped. Over 30 years of use and I have great frustration with the sleep docs I've had. That was compounded when they wouldn't let me use my cpap in the hospital!
* 6 visits to the washroom that night!
* One alarm--the electronic monitor said I had died! Nurse came running!

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Aww, you're welcome Dave!
Glad I offered something helpful.

How are you feeling with your new pipelines (stents)?

Reduced risk of heart attacks and stroke. That's what they tell us.  And certainly, reducing the effort it takes to breathe all night, every night, has to reduce stress on the body.
Now, if only those medical folks would put in a little more effort looking past AHI and figure out sleep quality.
*Brazen
Reluctant cpap user just trying to offer support to others going through the same torture. 
Because, it's the only current solution and breathing is kinda important.

OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching OSCAR Charts to Post
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
Heh Brazen

That’s why I’ve posted several times on Sleep Quality trying to get others to add suggestions

There’s a huge drop out rate from cpap

I care

I’m back at work. Stents are good! Hurt like blazes when they put them in.

Can’t tell they are there. Have more energy. But can’t walk far yet

Any hints?
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, slow response. 
My work is endless these days and leaving no time for anything.

Stents/walking...
Are you in a cardiac rehab program? That can be extremely beneficial. 
In what way can't you walk far? Run out of air or something else?
How's your sodium intake and fluid retention? Are your ankles puffy?

What you're experiencing might be normal/expected posr- stents but if you have any complaints, it's completely worthwhile to speak to your doc.
*Brazen
Reluctant cpap user just trying to offer support to others going through the same torture. 
Because, it's the only current solution and breathing is kinda important.

OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching OSCAR Charts to Post
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi *Brazen

I’m not in a rehab program yet

I was weak before I got my stents. Used nitro spray at work yesterday due to stress. pain went away instantly. That’s first time for that pain at work, since I got my stents. 

Walked my block today in fresh snow. It was beautiful!

I’ll check on rehab programs. 

Thanks so much!

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm very grateful to have had the excellent care that diagnosed my heart problems, and provided me with stents.

Last night was a good night using my cpap equipment. I slept all night, without sprints to solve problems in the washroom.
I used a different mask. ResMed P30i. I woke up with a sore nostril in one side, and a very runny nose.

Had received a caution on my S10. It said to see my DME supplier and replace my mask. Coincidently, I had just ordered a humidifier tank, comfort line hose, and new N20 mask.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] APAP Settings Review falcon940 2 180 10-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: falcon940
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 25 1,543 10-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ac123
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,487 10-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: fudo
  Review My Oscar Data; Any Recommendations? Websurfer49 1 109 10-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help With CPAP Treatment (Oscar Help) Bosox6177 2 148 10-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bosox6177
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 241 10-17-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] New issues after 4 years of treatment Compton2233 4 246 10-17-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Compton2233

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.