Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only
Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only
I've been using the Resmed Airsense 11 (auto) for a little over two weeks now. On two separate occasions, there was no detailed data on the SD card; Oscar told me "nothing there." No detailed data, no summary data. All other days are fine.

I thought perhaps the SD card was not properly inserted, but examining the SD card data structure with a file browser I noticed there is a directory entry for the missing days, just no data in the directory.   So clearly the card was not locked as it was possible for the Airsense to write the directory entry.  It just never put anything in it.

I can read the super high level summary data on the Airsense touch screen, so I was definitely getting therapy all night.

Has anyone else run into this problem, or have any insights? Mahalo in advance!  It's baffling why it works most of the time but skips a day every once in a while.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only
The summary data is stored on the AS11 for a year. That explains why you are seeing that data. You may have a flaky SD card. They are known to go bad at a moment's notice. Try a new card. All new cards come preformatted, so all you need to do is insert it in the AS11 and go.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was having the same issue and it turned out to be the SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had that happen on the 11; not sure what of the following fixed it, but I unplugged/replugged the device, factory reset, tried a new card, and it seemed to go away.

One symptom is that you won't get a flashing blue LED and the '2 min' message on the screen when it doesn't register the card.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the replies. I will try a different SD card. Still what was odd is that both times this happened, the directory for that day was created. However, of note is that I am using a micro-SD card inside an adapter. That may not be a good idea considering that the card is removed and inserted daily and undergoes more flexing than normal.

I'll see how it goes with a full-size SD card!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it's a software thing. It'll get stuck in a mode where it doesn't detect cards that are put in. I could replicate that over and over until I powercycled the machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2023, 12:14 PM)Millstone50 Wrote: I think it's a software thing. It'll get stuck in a mode where it doesn't detect cards that are put in. I could replicate that over and over until I powercycled the machine.

I'll add to my routine and reboot once a week, then.  Thanks for the input, it also makes sense along with a different SD card.

I suppose I could contact ResMed and likely they'll ask if I'm using the way overpriced SD card that they sell, which of course I'm not because there's no need.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to conclude this "adventure" (and again thanks to everyone for all the helpful replies) if I am very careful to ensure that when I plug the SD card back into the Airsense 11, I make sure I see the flashing blue light and that the "2 minute" notice appears on the screen.  If this doesn't happen I try again.  I have not lost any night's data since starting this routine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Used for 60 days, want to eliminate RERA/awake [Reposted with correct format] a29988122 5 296 09-17-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  53 days in, what does my data say? FrontRanger 3 144 09-14-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: FrontRanger
  What us going on here two days same settings? Ohiosnoring 4 223 09-09-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Ohiosnoring
  [Equipment] SD Card - Airsense 11 - How do you know if data recorded dekory419 2 199 08-28-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: dekory419
  11 days in and on my fifth day of non-stop headaches callisto9 10 541 08-27-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: callisto9
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 10 1,993 08-25-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  BiPAP doesn't work anymore ohno 1 202 08-22-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.