Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Replicating bipap settings in AirMini
Replicating bipap settings in AirMini
Hi all, got a second hand, low hours AirMini at a remarkably good price. Have been eager to set it up and try it out. I camp and travel frequently, and am very interested in being able to reduce the footprint of my pap + supplies in my luggage. 

My device at home is an AirCurve 11, set to:
Mode VPAPauto
EPAP min 6
IPAP max 12
PS 3
No ramp  

Since the AirMini has AutoSet and EPR capabilities of up to 3, am I correct in thinking that I could replicate these settings in the AirMini for similar results? 

Minimum Pressure: 6 cmH2O
Maximum Pressure: 12 cmH2O
EPR: 3 cmH2O

Am I missing something? I doubt there is a way to tinker with trigger, Ti min-max, but are there proxy setting on the AirMini that might be helpful? Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Replicating bipap settings in AirMini
As your PS is 3, yes substitute that 3 into EPR full time, and the rest should fall in place. In theory at least. You might need to edit things slightly after trying it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Replicating bipap settings in AirMini
Slight correction. Since EPR is subtracted from the IPAP pressure, you need to set the pressure range to 9 to 12 cm. Using the EPR of 3, this will yield the EPAP minimum of 6 and an IPAP maximum of 12.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  p10 for Airmini - crazy expensive Dodies 5 194 09-26-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: cyberfiche
  [Treatment] Persistent Hypopnea and Unclassified Apnea Issues with BiPap Settings behtaaash 7 404 09-09-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 298 09-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Bipap Settings Help DreadPirateRawburts 16 865 09-06-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] AirMini Mask question countrydirt 1 434 09-03-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Geezerbunny
  Do these settings make sense on an ASV and is it even worth trying a BiPAP? erouting 6 246 08-28-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] OSCAR Assessment and AirMini? bhallw 0 214 08-27-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: bhallw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.