Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto - What Settings To Use?
RE: Starting Out - ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto (bilevel) - What Settings To Use?
Attaching sleep study if it helps

Attached sleep study

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You have very mild obstructive sleep apnea with a few central events thrown in. Any positive air pressure titration is basically a trial and error experiment, so I'll offer some starting settings, and if we can see your results with an Oscar Daily Details chart once you try it, we can then refine the settings.

Mode: Vauto
EPAP min 5.0
Max Pressure 14.0
PS: 4.0
Ti Min 0.3, TiMax 2.4, Trigger and Cycle sensitivity medium at default to start.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you I just put the settings above. It's my first time ever using these machines.

I see there are many other settings however - these are what the default are ->

Comfort:
Ramp Time - 20min
Start EPAP 4.0
Climate Ctrl Auto
Tube Temp Auto

Accessories
AB Filter No

Optins
Essentials On
Leak Alert Off
SmartStart Off

Should I be changing any of these, or leaving it as it is? I'll wait on these answers before my first night of using the machiner.

FYI I'll be using the ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillows
Post Reply Post Reply
Change Essentials to Plus. No changes to those time settings other than noted by Sleeprider, except Ramp probably needs to be off.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Opinions vary, but I like SmartStart. The machine turns on automatically when it detects breathing, and off when a large leak indicates a mask-off. There are some reasons not to use it if you tend to unconsciously remove your mask, but mostly I like the convenience.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question: First time using the machine and OSCAR, and the SD card. Yesterday I put the machine on at 2pm while awake and at random times throughout the day, just to test it out while I was awake. I then went to sleep with the machine for 2 hours from 10pm-12am.

I took my SD card and uploaded it to OSCAR.

The issue I'm seeing, is that it has taken the data from when I use my machine in the day time, not just when I used it during sleep time...

How do I make sure whenever I test the machine in the day time, that it does not bundle it all up and record it all as "One day"? Is there anyway for me to delete entries, perhaps after I test the machine outside of sleep time?

Or perhaps deleting the entries somehow before it uploads to oscar...? (See attached screenshot)

Just trying to figure this out so I don't have messed up entries in the future.

I will post my experience of using the machine afterwards. Just trying to get an understanding of this first.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Starting Out - ResMed AirSense 10 - What Settings To Use?
Steve - I see your original thread got hijacked, and I have split out all those posts.  Being that you had 2 threads by almost the same name, I have merged them into one thread.  Even though there will be some duplicate posts because of this, I will be leaving them in the thread. This was done because their removal could mess up related replies.  Going forward, this should no longer be a problem.  If you would like a title name change, please PM me along with the title you wish it changed to.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto - What Settings To Use?
Need some help please! First night with the machine. Using SleepRiders settings:

- Resmed aircurve vauto 10
- Nasal pillows P10 - Large nostril pillows
- Mouthtape on mouth

Mode: Vauto
EPAP min 5.0
Max Pressure 14.0
PS: 4.0
Ti Min 0.3, TiMax 2.4, Trigger and Cycle sensitivity medium at default to start.
Ramp Off

The experience of the machine was pretty fine and got to sleep fine.

However I woke up after 2 hours with the mouthtape half-off and air coming out of my mouth, so I assume I woke up because the air started coming out of my mouth. At that point I stopped using it.

OSCAR data of 2 hours posted above.

While going to sleep the air was not coming out of my mouth, but that is because my tongue is naturally behind my teeth and is slightly firm.

I can test this while awake on the machine. If my tongue falls to the bottom of my mouth, air will start coming out of my mouth. Meaning the functionality relies on my tongue keeping firm behind my teeth, which probably stops while sleeping as the tongue may relax.

Looks like my current problem is just being able to use the thing. The pillows are great and comfortable so if I can make it work with these, that would be ideal before going after other mask options.

Any advice on next steps please?
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR didn't attach on this one. One thing though, you'll have to try pushing through a whole night. I did similar when I started, something goes off the rails and quit for the night. But it gets easier to quit each consecutive night. It'll be a very difficult habit to break.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gotcha, I guess if it's coming out of my mouth though, it means the whole setup may be broke so I didn't see any point of continuing until that was sorted.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 166 Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 121 Yesterday, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Can I use Aircurve 10 ASV (PaceWave CS) instead of an Aircurve 10 Vauto ? Gillyweed 7 173 09-06-2024, 01:28 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 49 1,648 09-05-2024, 06:40 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
Information [CPAP] Aircurve 11 Oscar Chart WeaponizedCactus 7 225 09-05-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Squealing Resmed AirCurve ASV FE350 2 104 09-03-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: FE350
  New resmed 10 vauto Officialdee 0 167 08-25-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Officialdee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.