Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 APAP?
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 APAP?
(07-09-2024, 07:10 PM)daBee Wrote: Nope.  I have the Elite.  You can modify min and max pressures.

not according to ResMed

Quote:The ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite is a premium fixed-pressure device with integrated humidifier, cellular connectivity and advanced event detection.

fixed-pressure as in cpap only. you have an oscar chart on hand?
Post Reply Post Reply
Good news for a change. I have the AutoSet. But, that means I've already adopted the recommendations set by my doctor. My OSCAR tables don't seem to be showing up on the card for some reason. I thought I was getting data, but it was empty. I reformatted an hour ago, so hopefully this afternoon or tonight should have some numbers.
----
daBee in Toronto
Unit: MesRed AirSense 10 nasal | 8 cm no ramp
Post Reply Post Reply
@daBee

You can also airbreak the simpler models to have them function like aircurve. Hardware is the same, firmware is different. 

The 3cm thing was referring to EPR, expiratory pressure relief, a comfort and therapeutic setting that is commonly discussed and applied.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, but I have the functioning model. I reduced my EPR from what I remember. All the same, this thing is about 40% tolerable. I've done nothing but tweak settings and it is just a severe pain whose sleep affordability, I seriously question. I'm still falling asleep during the day, and my schedule is currently upside down. Yes, I've tried the light manipulation for CR. Only recently, in the past 20 years, did I think this could be a severe sleep disorder.
----
daBee in Toronto
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the 10 Elite as my travel CPAP and I am travelling right now.

I just went into the clinical settings. Mode CPAP and nothing else, there is no way to change it. And pressure is able to be set from 4.0 to 20.0 in 0.2 increments, no min/max.

EPR on/off/ramping 1-3, ramp on/off.

Pretty simple unless there is a hidden twice clinical setting panel.
Post Reply Post Reply
My AutoSet model has more options. Even so, this thing doesn't seem to be something that will get me a full night's sleep. It might be my stress as well.
----
daBee in Toronto
Post Reply Post Reply
If you post some Oscar charts we could probably help you.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Problem is, my AHI is less than 2.0 most times. I'm really not happy that early afternoon (Noon-3 pm) I consistently fall asleep. Posting the intermittent (sleeping schedule) results won't show anything here. I still find it inflammatory in my nose, so I take the nasal mask off. I turned up the temperature as that might help. I turned it down to see if claustrophobia went away. It didn't.
----
daBee in Toronto
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm now thinking daytime sleepiness is not from a sleep apnea issue.
----
daBee in Toronto
Post Reply Post Reply
If you think you may have some other medical issue, you should certainly pursue that with your doctor, who can check things like thyroid, iron, testosterone, vitamin D, B vitamins, and autoimmune disease markers. But people sometimes have several problems contributing to poor sleep, and if you were diagnosed with sleep apnea, then that is one of your problems and you will need to address it.

Did you finally get the data from your SD card into Oscar? If no, can we try to help you with that? If yes, would you post a recent chart?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 44 2,616 3 hours ago
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Bipap vs Cpap/Apap DreadPirateRawburts 10 188 Yesterday, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  ResMed Airsense 10 v 11 kmar92 5 149 09-05-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Pressure] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Turpentine 6 242 08-28-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 90 33,281 08-26-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 96 43,074 08-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  [CPAP] 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise JonMichael85 8 15,947 08-23-2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: xirokx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.