Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SonjaAHI41 - Therapy Thread
RE: SonjaAHI41 - Therapy Thread
Sonja,

With the high amount of flow limitation not resolved by using IPR 3, you may need more pressure support to resolve this, which means moving to a BiLevel machine.

Is that something you can bring up to your doctor? Having to wait a year or more for help is just something I can't comprehend.

Either way, we're here for you. Post charts or ask questions when you feel a need.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If we were working with a bilevel machine like the Aircurve Vauto, you could skip the hospital study and we would fix these issues right now. It's a shame you got the Hoffreichter, which appears to be a poor clone of a Philips CPAP, but there is nothing in your results we could not resolve with the much more capable Aircurve Vauto
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2024, 09:03 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: If we were working with a bilevel machine like the Aircurve Vauto, you could skip the hospital study and we would fix these issues right now.  It's a shame you got the Hoffreichter, which appears to be a poor clone of a Philips CPAP, but there is nothing in your results we could not resolve with the much more capable Aircurve Vauto

Dear Sleeprider,

Yes, she could experiment, but I have to buy everything myself. 
We don't even get filters for free, but only mask 1 after a year and
Cpap machine after 7 years.

I know that health is the most important thing, but it's too much to pay for everything alone, examination in a private hospital 400 eur, new mask 155 eur,  Cpap machine.2187.50 €.with my pension of 450 Eur per month. Let's face it, I'm not missing anything, I'm not hungry, I live decently, but this I can't afford.

Thank you for your effort and willingness to help me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Check out CPAPspecials website. The Aircurve 10 Vauto is $999 USD and shipping is reasonable. This company only ships internationally.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
probably have to add 10-12% import tax + customs handling fees but the website seems to be able to estimate it all if you enter all your details. still a great deal for an aircurve. it says 957€ with free shipping when i look at it.

Quote:

• Free Worldwide Delivery DHL/UPS Express
Import Tax may apply depending on your country
Post Reply Post Reply

Sleeprider,Narcil,Opalrose  Thanks

I tried to squeeze the mask to the maximum last night (scars left on my nose this morning, but I wanted to try it)
According to the results of Oscae processing, I can see that everything is much, much better.
Does this mean that the mask is now solely to blame for my poor results?
Am I wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2024, 01:05 AM)SonjaAHI41 Wrote: Sleeprider,Narcil,OpalRose Thanks

I have an oximeter, the regular one. Can it be used to monitor blood saturation and pulse with some kind of accessory to connect to the Cpap device or do I need to buy a new one?

Should it be exclusive to the type of Cpap device or is it universal?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2024, 01:08 AM)SonjaAHI41 Wrote: I have an oximeter, the regular one. Can it be used to monitor blood saturation and pulse with some kind of accessory to connect to the Cpap device or do I need to buy a new one?

that's highly dependent on your cpap machine and on the specific oximeter. Your point 3 seems to be capable of recording SpO2 and Heart rate but i cannot find any info on it, but it is listed as a feature on their site. maybe if you contact them they can give you a list of supported oximeters.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2024, 01:08 AM)SonjaAHI41 Wrote: I have an oximeter, the regular one. Can it be used to monitor blood saturation and pulse with some kind of accessory to connect to the Cpap device or do I need to buy a new one?

Since your Cpap seems to be supported by OSCAR,  here is a list of supported Oximeters that also work with OSCAR.

Is your Oximeter any one of those listed in this link?

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._Oximeters
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2024, 05:50 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Since your Cpap seems to be supported by OSCAR,  here is a list of supported Oximeters that also work with OSCAR.

Is your Oximeter any one of those listed in this link?

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._Oximeters

No, unfortunately it's not on that list. Rolleyes
What do you think about yesterday's sleep data?

it is possible that the mask itself is the biggest reason for the poor result????
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fantasieimpromptu - Therapy Thread Fantasieimpromptu 10 137 10 hours ago
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu
  Angela's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 1 70 Yesterday, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 112 2,854 Yesterday, 09:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  sleepyveem's therapy thread sleepyveem 11 623 09-17-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: sleepyveem
  Zeno's therapy thread Zeno 10 321 09-16-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Zeno
  Brigabart's Therapy Thread Brigabart 10 277 09-15-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 100 6,153 09-13-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.