Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Understanding data and some help please
Understanding data and some help please
First of all, I'm new to all of this so apologies if something isn't done right or if more info is needed, let me know. I started using my APAP on Thursday night (Resmed Airsense 11) with a full face mask. I just got an SD card on Friday after researching so I could use Oscar. I've attached my first two nights data. The first night, I did take my mask off in the middle of the night, and last night I just didn't sleep very well. I'm finding it very uncomfortable, which I was prepared for. I knew this would take some getting used to. But I am wake up with headaches each morning. Also, when I'm wearing the mask, I instantly feel stuffy and can't breathe through my nose at all. I've tried adjusting it up and down on my nose a bit but nothing has really worked. I tried several masks on when getting the machine and I thought I had the right fit based on the others but now I'm unsure. Any advice on this as well as how my data looks and any changes I could/should make would be appreciated. 

Also, I could not figure out how to zoom out on Oscar to take a screenshot of all of the info. Is there way to do this I'm missing? Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding data and some help please
Welcome!

I don't think you can zoom out it's based on your screen resolution, you'll probably have to take 2 screenshots unless you can adjust your screen's resolution.

For the mask i'm not sure as i'm never felt stuffy. Which FF mask exactly? Can you try a humidifier?
Double check the filter at the back of the machine is clean but it should be if you've just started. If you search around people recommend a variety of nasal sprays but i have no experiences with any of them. 

Not like you're not getting enough air right? can't see if ramp mode is on without seeing the rest of the left column but 4 is pretty low to start off maybe that's making you uncomfortable?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding data and some help please
You need a bit more pressure for comfort and some EPR to help with the flow limitations. That will help reduce the pressure swings.

Try the following:

Min pressure 7
Max pressure 12
EPR 2 full-time
No ramp

Give that a go for a few nights. If for some reason it goes off the rails, let us know right away. I think you will find it much more comfortable.

Also, please read the link in my signature “Organising your OSCAR charts” for the preferred formatting and graphs to include.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Understanding OSCAR Michellebeyer 2 131 10-15-2024, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Understanding My Oscar Data - Improving Usage, Possible CSR brokenslinky 4 240 10-09-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 6 365 10-06-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: twomashi
  Understanding Trigger Sensitivity stevesleep 7 519 09-29-2024, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding flow curve waran 3 261 09-23-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Got Oscar a few days ago, would love help understanding what i can fix DryWallProspector 5 231 09-22-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 13 859 09-21-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.