Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still waking up soaked in sweat
RE: Still waking up soaked in sweat
The chart from sleeping on your side shows classic "Positional Apnea" Do me a favor and try again. This time use a comfortable but relatively flat pillow and get comfortable on your side. Now, pull a corner of that pillow over your downside shoulder and rest your jaw on that. This makes an informal soft cervical collar that keeps your chin from tucking. However you do that, it is your solution to find. Comfort and relief from positional apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This post is not to worry you, but I have read where waking up in sweat could possibly be a sing of some kind of heart problem.  Not 100% of the time for sure though.  I read about your high blood pressure and anxiety issue.  Have you seen a Cardiologist or had any heart tests done?   

Just a thought.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
A check in with your regular Dr might be a good place to  start.

One other thing that changed is my high blood pressure med - they added a Beta blocker which slows down your pulse - took mine from a constant 100+ to around 60, or maybe 80 after hiking an incline at 7000ft.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another comment reminded me…

IIRC cool air facilitates sleep. There’s a science of this somewhere or other. Your unique body might even need it to get you through the night. I’d recommend experimenting with this, by turning the thermostat down a bit. I also use one of those cool gel packs if I can’t relax for sleep or if I wake up in the night. I put it on my face, or behind my neck. Works like a charm.

I would also set the unit humidifier cooler. You might appreciate the feel of cool air blowing through your mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone thanks for the replies. I am currently taking 2 different blood pressure medications (beta blocker + diuretic). In addition I am reducing my sodium intake and exercising daily. I have seen a few cardiologist and they were unable to find any heart issues. I will try some of the recommendations listed here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keep waking up with heart racing and shaky chayes541 3 100 07-30-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 3 950 07-26-2024, 08:16 PM
Last Post: redpackman
  DRY MOUTH WAKING ME MCS2014 13 1,865 07-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Filbert
  More events + higher pressure in early morning waking me up? Looking for advice! JustG 1 129 07-26-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Waking up feeling jittery with ASV Soleil211 14 382 07-08-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New CPAP User - Waking with very high pressures Westernsleep 12 462 07-06-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Waking up a lot still with CPAP tigersbowling 1 209 06-27-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.