Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suggestions on how to clean a Resmed S10 motor?
Cleaning Ventilator Motor
I have mild apnea and have decided to try my father-in-laws old Resmend Airsense 10. I thought it was best to make sure it was clean before I use it, so I've taken it apart. It's pretty clean other than the ventilator motor looks slightly discolored on backside (with the metal shaft). I would like to clean it but it doesn't look like there's much access to it. I saw the video where the guy soaked it in alcohol, but I don't know if that's recommended here. Any suggestions, and is it even necessary?
Thanks in advance from a newbe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning Ventilator Motor
I took mine all apart and found the same crud on the fan blades as you. I tried that aerosol spray you use for cleaning the mass airflow sensor on a vehicle and then blew it out with compressed air.
I did get some dirt out but the fan blades need some scrubbing with something that I didn’t have.
I ended up just replacing the motor because I had bad bearings.
Something like one of those fuzzy pipe cleaners may work if it will fit in those slots.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2023, 01:40 PM)Nightynite Wrote: I took mine all apart and found the same crud on the fan blades as you. I tried that aerosol spray you use for cleaning the mass airflow sensor on a vehicle and then blew it out with compressed air.
I did get some dirt out but the fan blades need some scrubbing with something that I didn’t have.
I ended up just replacing the motor because I had bad bearings.
Something like one of those fuzzy pipe cleaners may work if it will fit in those slots.

Thanks Nightynite.
I tried using a can of compressed air, but that didn't blow it out. I'm going to see if I can use a Qtip and alcohol .
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm guessing that the motor is sealed and if that's the case can I run liquid through it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Suggestions on how to clean a Resmed S10 motor?
I'm trying to clean a Resmed S10 motor. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggestions on how to clean a Resmed S10 motor?
Not sure if this thread would help or not, but check it out:

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...he-machine
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy Suggestions Keesh23 11 524 09-12-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Keesh23
  Airsense 10 replacement: suggestions? newmar 7 362 09-11-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
Gross Can I not clean my machine? liuzilong 9 455 09-07-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Suggestions? TinySteve 11 493 09-02-2024, 08:50 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New User - Looking For Suggestions VeryTired 13 488 09-01-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: VeryTired
  How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? Hmm888 9 8,444 08-30-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Pressure] suggestions for settings Ksquared716 1 172 08-27-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.