Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Transition from CPAP to BiPap
RE: Transition from CPAP to BiPap
IMO it takes a while to adjust to the therapy and feel rested. When I got my biPAP, I was stuporous for at least a month. Two months later, and I’m finally feeling like I won’t fall asleep on my feet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you feel good. I thought it might take a little while to get used to Bipap. I just thought that since I was already using cpap it might work faster Smile Anyway, feeling good after so many years is worth waiting Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
It's likely just a matter of time for you to adapt. 

One thing to consider giving a go is raising your EPAP min from 6 to 7. A wee bit more exhale pressure may help.

If you just want to stay where you are that is fine as well. You have been sleeping without CPAP for many years, so give it a few months to get used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm very grateful for all the answers. I'll give it some time and in case of something going bad I'll be back. Thank you very much guys!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bipap vs Cpap/Apap DreadPirateRawburts 10 183 Yesterday, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Transition from old ResMed11 to new unit alfarabee 2 163 08-09-2024, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Do I need a BiPAP? phoen1kx 2 272 07-30-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Low Events On BiPAP (and CPAP) But Debilitated LBartek03 2 183 07-30-2024, 05:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Not adjusting to cpap. time for Bipap? Technica34 2 325 07-16-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  EPR on CPAP same as BIPAP with pressure support of 3? chronicallytired 2 448 05-20-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Move from CPAP to Bipap danylam 8 546 05-06-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.