Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Could anyone help with my recent poor quality of sleep?
Could anyone help with my recent poor quality of sleep?
Hi all,

After a couple of years of getting only 2-3 hours of sleep, I was able to get my first CPAP in June and have been sleeping better ever since. Recently however, I have only been able to get around 4-6 hours of sleep a night and rarely getting 8 hours once once every week or so. Before CPAP, I used to drool a lot from how much my mouth was open from snoring and it's starting to happen again (although more mild).

Would anyone be able to guide me in the right direction? I'd very much appreciate it. Smile

I've attached some screenshots in OSCAR from a few nights.

One thing I read up on was using EPR. It has been off since I've started, so I'm going to raise that by 1cm and try it out.

Also would love any mask recommendations, I'm using the AirFit P10 and I'm a side sleeper with a big head, the mask leaks a little bit if I don't tighten it enough to my nose.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Could anyone help with my recent poor quality of sleep?
EPR is off and you wrote you may try setting to 1.  I would set it to Full time EPR 3.  The reason is that your machine is maxing out and that is because of your flow limits.  We control FL with EPR.  Setting it to 3 and the min you have is 12 would make your exhale 9, inhale 12 and max stays where you have it set.  It will help with the pressures staying down and that should make your sleep better.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I completely agree. Set EPR on full-time to 3 and watch what happens. Your pressure will calm down, flow limits will significantly reduce which will stop the RERA (arousals), and you will sleep better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks @staceyburke and @Sleeprider! I'll try out EPR full time at 3 for a week or two and reply back. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Had to report back, just took a 3 hour nap and this has never happened before! Thank you guys!!

I'll report back next week and see how it goes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
When we realized the Resmed CPAPs were actually bilevel machines incognito, it was a revelation of opportunities to improve therapy for many like yourself. Looks like things are going as expected. Good luck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP: Sudden drastic worsening of Sleep Apnea - Can't sleep at all, CPAP completely u Unkikonki 10 461 10-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Poor sleep quality slabsi 9 506 09-19-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Question Help w/ Oscar Data (recent mask switch) cpapillon 6 365 09-11-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 356 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  Recent AHI increase - OSCAR interpretation please jkbp03 4 280 08-13-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Thumbsdown Recent switch to ASV gave me SPO2 drops weuw 5 357 08-03-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Sudden Recent Jump in Events LamDai 1 217 07-30-2024, 12:45 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.