Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 end of life
Airsense 10 end of life
Hello All,
             I have a six year old Airsense 10 Auto that is showing the "Motor has reached end of life" message every morning. I am still getting my normal range of AHI every day, but I am waking a little more tired than usual, however I will quantify that by saying I have ongoing chronic lung issues ie: Bronchiectasis and an NTM infection. My lung function results are still good numbers and I am just shy of 67 y/o. Should I bite the bullet and replace the machine now, knowing that it may not be operating 100% or wait until it dies? 

Thanks 
JamesW
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 end of life
I think there’s 2 options, neither of which includes waiting on the CPAP dying. You could attempt to replace the blower motor, or have someone else do it. That’s choice one. Choice two is since it’s older than 5 years, submit a request to replace it. Choice two may or may not be available to you. Those in the US would have this as a definite option.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My S10 Auto set showed that message about 2 years ago with about 23,000 hrs. Its still showing the same message at just over 30,000 hrs and going strong.
Most of the time my pressure is at about 8.0 so it has a relatively easy time.
I do have a spare older machine, but I'm also listening for any change in sounds to indicate a developing problem.
I initially held off purchasing a new machine as I was waiting for the S11 to be released in Australia, but now its released I'm just waiting to see how long it lasts.
I do have a very friendly local distributor who will help me out if I get caught.
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess is it’s still operating at 100%. The end of life message is most likely triggered by an hour limit that was calculated by an engineer somewhere and corresponds to where motors begin to fail and then has a safety margin built-in. If it’s putting out the pressures it’s being commanded, then it’s working…but now you’re in the “it’s working now, but maybe not tomorrow” range.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Higher AHI Readings on AirSense 11 than AirSense 10 Bmck8381 0 27 6 hours ago
Last Post: Bmck8381
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Motor Life Exceeded message Sterling147 24 1,376 08-02-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Sterling147
  Air Curve 10 ASV Exceeded Motor Life Expectency Message - The final saga Sterling147 0 267 07-15-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Sterling147
  [Equipment] Portable CPAP/APAP battery life JPOPS 10 640 07-08-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [CPAP] ResMed A10 Run Hours for Motor Life Exceeded Sleepster 9 654 06-19-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  ResMed S9 life expectancy frankresmeds9 17 8,138 05-29-2024, 06:49 PM
Last Post: nunga
  life-changing tip / things I wish I knew for therapy thr opo218 5 629 05-27-2024, 12:03 PM
Last Post: charlie*M

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.