Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Is this any good? I'm still so sleepy
Is this any good? I'm still so sleepy
Oh hell, so lazy to write.. but let's try....
43M here, always been overweight.. (BMI 33.6).. always slept too late and would woke up late too, but ~8h anyways (maybe DSPS).. last decade ppl started to complain I was snoring so high, and I started waking up so sleepy even after long nights (10h sleep).. did an all-night oxymeter test that showed up AHI 35/h.. rent a cpap for a month, it seemed to help a bit, then I bought one and setup myself, been using since 9/OCT

But still, not waking up refreshed and not sleeping much I don't know why. One thing I always think is: WHY did I wake up if I'm still sleepy? I don't have any alarms. I'm not working, exercising, nothing.. just waiting to wake up refreshed some day

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this any good? I'm still so sleepy
Welcome to the forum.

I would try raising your minimum pressure to 10cm and your max pressure to 16cm and leave the EPR at 3.  This should lower the number of apneas you are having.  Try it for a few nights and see how you do then post some more charts.

Good luck. 
I am not an expert...just a long time user.

OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
Positional Apnea

Post Reply Post Reply
I thought with 10 as min pressure I would feel suffocated but it didn't happen. I woke up near 5am with my right eye burning and red like hell tho.. 
Still sleepy, and maybe my almost-always-stuffy nose is sabotaging the treatment.. I use Nafazoline drops everyday many times

Post Reply Post Reply
Other than some leaks and a few apneas your chart doesn't look bad at all.   So work on the leaks (may help your eye problem) also leaks can cause arousals. You may want to raise your minimum pressure up a little at a time (.2cm) to help get rid of what apneas you are having.  I have a very stuffy nose also and I use nasal spray every night along with a nasal rinse.   Your flow limits are not bad.  I would say that all in all you are doing pretty well.  The trick is fine tuning the settings so that you will feel more rested.  You do not appear to be having any Positional Apneas, which is a good thing.   If you are a back sleeper you may want to try sleeping on your side as sleeping on your back almost always causes more apneas. 
Give it a few day and post some more charts.

Good luck.

OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
Positional Apnea

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks dude. 

Now I don't know what to do with the leaks. Am I moving too much ? I think I remember waking up with the mask kinda out of my nose and also with air flowing thru my mouth lol... should I try to make the mask firmer or use something to keep my mouth shut?!

I can only begin sleeping on my stomach. Any other position seems to prevent me from sleeping, but idk what happens with me thru the night tho

I only know I'm tired and sleepy since waking up and I'm waking up kinda early without reason

Today I kept yawning all day and I feel like a pressure in my chest which I think it's anxiety

Post Reply Post Reply
I use Cover Roll Stretch Tape that is 2" wide that I cut to 4-1/4" long.  It is available on Amazon.com

OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
Positional Apnea

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Sleepy, too many arousals? jdougc 3 81 Yesterday, 03:02 PM
Last Post: katbrat
  UARS: What are your ODI 4 % numbers with good/bad bi-level therapy? THEVGE 3 230 10-14-2024, 03:15 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 19 1,540 10-13-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth yngwiej 21 1,419 10-05-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Need help analyzing results. Low AHI but still sleepy boromt 14 719 09-28-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Extremely fatigued despite good numbers major maser 3 300 09-19-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Scored well but still Sleepy Zip Van Winkle 16 981 09-16-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Zip Van Winkle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.