Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Understanding My Oscar Data - Improving Usage, Possible CSR
Understanding My Oscar Data - Improving Usage, Possible CSR
After two sleep studies, I was diagnosed with central sleep apnea and atrial fibrillation.  I was consistently having 100 to 139 events an hour during both studies.  I've been using a BiPAP machine now for just over 3 months now.  Started out with a nasal pillow mask and switched to nasal mask.  I have a full beard and wasn't ready to shave it.  Also felt like the nasal pillow was blasting the air into my nose.  Definitely feeling the positive effects/benefits of using the machine.  I'm typically under 10 events an hour with infrequent nights less than 20.  My AFib is also gone with the help of an anti-arrhythmic drug.  
That said, I'm wanting to ensure that I'm getting the most out of setup that I can.  That led me down the rabbit hole of installing the myAir app then ResScan then OSCAR.  I'm consistently getting a score of 90 plus on myAir.  When I looked at the data with ResScan, I was seeing very consistently timed events. That led me to download OSCAR.  Looking at the flow rate on OSCAR, each of the events was at the beginning of what looks like a Cheyne-Stokes breathing pattern.  Reading a bunch of posts here, I see that it can be machine induced events rather than CSR.  Although, my family on both sides have a history of heart attacks, strokes and other heart related nasties.  I also read that it could be position induced.  A few weeks back, I bought one of those sleep apnea pillows to help reduce the leaks and the possible CSR.  It seems to be helping some but still seeing the CSR type breathing patterns.  
I started with a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto and now I have an 11 VAuto.  Both are set to BiLevel-S mode.  I was originally at 15.0 and 20.0.  That was dropped to 13.0 and 18.0 to see if it helped with the air flow from the pillow mask.  
Do I start with dropping the values incrementally or try a different mask or sleep hanging upside down from the ceiling like a bat?  Wouldn't CSR be detected during the sleep studies?
Attached are some random screenshots of my data.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding My Oscar Data - Improving Usage, Possible CSR
I'm not the best at the CSR charts, for most these would be periodic or variable breathing. However your AFib might be contributing to these.

Two things I do know, PS 5 is very likely adding to your CA, and you cannot treat diagnosed CA with VAuto. You need the ResMed ASV to actually treat them.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 23 656 9 hours ago
Last Post: Santino
Surprised Help Interpreting Oscar data HN2207 14 438 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: HN2207
Smile [Treatment] [OSCAR] Still Tired After 1.5 Years of Usage - Any Help Please? sowo123 14 301 Yesterday, 12:13 PM
Last Post: sowo123
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 6 280 Yesterday, 08:33 AM
Last Post: twomashi
  New member looking for Oscar data help mttm 18 671 Yesterday, 06:13 AM
Last Post: mttm
  Help analyzing Oscar data Rosebearjoey 7 196 10-05-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 8 483 10-05-2024, 08:37 AM
Last Post: richardb123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.