Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weird O2ring issue
Weird O2ring issue
I have been using a Wellue O2ring for about 6 months with no problems. Occasionally the ring appears to lose contact briefly and I get 2 sessions overnight instead of 1, but that's pretty rare. 

Last weekend I was in Las Vegas for 3 nights. The first two nights my ring kept losing connection repeatedly - sometimes after just a couple of minutes, sometimes after an hour or so. Sometimes the buzzing of the ring when it reconnected woke me up, but usually I was already awake when it happened. The frequent re-connection and vibrating was driving me crazy. I did a factory reset of the ring before the 3rd night, hoping that might help - but I had the exact same issue that night and had to take the ring off after a few hours so it wouldn't keep waking me up. My O2 wasn't dropping - in fact, since I was usually awake when it was happening, my O2 levels were higher than normal.  

But on returning home (Salt Lake City area), it's been working perfectly fine, with no loss of contact, and just one session for the entire night.

I was Googling the issue and actually came across a post in another forum from someone who lives in Las Vegas and was complaining about the multiple sessions per night and that they would start overwriting each other - it was in response to someone who thought maybe static shocks were causing the connection loss. 

So what could be different about my Las Vegas nights that could cause this? I was visiting family, so there was no drinking/gambling/partying/etc. Pretty much the same kind of days I have at home. The connection would drop when I was perfectly still, so it wasn't movement-related in any way. I even tried putting the ring on my thumb instead of my index finger, but had the same results (at home, I can use either thumb or index finger with no problem). 

Temperature? They were having a cold front come through, and the bedroom was colder than mine usually is at home (my bedroom is over the furnace, and with the layout of the house, it's always fairly warm in the bedroom even when the rest of the house is cold). This seems like it would be the most likely issue if my fingers got cold enough to confuse the sensors, but this would happen both when my hand was outside of the covers as well as when it was under the covers and/or against my body, so I don't know.

Humidity? It was probably a little drier there, but I doubt it was enough to make any difference since it's pretty dry in Salt Lake as well. 

Static shock? Doesn't seem likely when it sometimes happened when I was perfectly still and my hand was outside the covers just resting on top of the mattress.

Altitude? Around 2000ft elevation compared to my home elevation at 4200ft. Doesn't seem like that should matter, or if it did, that I'd do better at a lower altitude.

Military jets? Aliens? (OK, I'm joking... but the military jets were flying overhead frequently during the day. If they were flying at night, I didn't hear them.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Weird O2ring issue
Sounds like Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) from all of the neon signs.
Post Reply Post Reply
We were in North Las Vegas suburbia far from the strip (or any other neon signs)... but what an interesting thought. 

The guest bedroom is adjacent to the garage, and our EV was charging on their very ancient EV charger. I wonder if that could affect it? Or maybe there was something else nearby causing interference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Contact Wellue and let them know, I have had very good response from them in analyzing issues like this, and it establishes a possible intermittent fault in case it later becomes a hard failure.

Post back with their response/reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great idea, thanks. I sent them an email today. 

The car charger in question is quite old and very slow - and it was a cheap one, so it wouldn't surprise me if it might cause issues. We actually have difficulty charging our car on it because we have to change the settings to allow it to even accept a charge from such a slow charger. But the family member no longer has an EV, so he has no reason to replace it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have mentioned, every time I have contacted them I also included a copy of the invoice I ordered from. I have 4 Checkme O2 Max  Pulse/Oximeters and some of the people in this house are not very gentle with the ring sensor that plugs into the wrist unit. But they held up for several months before they failed (Error 4), the wrist unit that failed had been dropped and banged around a lot. I think it had the USB-Micro jack damaged. I am really happy with the Wellue products.

An interesting note the WearPulse version of the Checkme O2 Max has slightly different presentation of the information in the O2 Insight Pro report. It has to be in the firmware of the unit as it is handled through the same software on my laptop as the other three devices.

Let me know how it works out for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased my O2ring directly from Wellue, and included my order number in the email.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just popping in to say that I have not received any response from Wellue yet. I emailed them originally, using their support email address. This morning I sent the same message to them via their online support form. I'm glad I'm not trying to reach them with a current problem with the ring, since they are not exactly responsive.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sent mine to service@getwellue.com I received very prompt replies.

Hope that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, that's the email I used. Crickets.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Pressure Issue Vako 50 1,209 Yesterday, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Vako
Question CPAP + O2 Concentrator Issue? mogulman 15 587 10-17-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: mogulman
  02ring (Wellue) issue Blubarb 5 209 10-05-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Blubarb
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 168 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  CPAP Mask Size Issue: Will Switching to a Large Prevent My Morning Headaches? sinanacar 5 430 09-28-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: sinanacar
Sad OSCAR SPO2 Import Issue from Vihealth(Checkme O2) MikeVet 2 208 09-26-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 11 1,983 09-13-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.