Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What is an "acceptable" Large Leak percent?
RE: What is an "acceptable" Large Leak percent?
@Boxcar, you wrote:
Quote:I even got a hypopnea flag last night during a sequence of what looked like otherwise pretty normal breathing because of the change to reported tidal volume and minute vent over the course of about 30 seconds.

Even though the hypopnea definition is >30% reduction in VOLUME, the actual values that are  compared (to test for the >30%) are the peaks of the flow rate data on inhalation.  If you can show me where that is incorrect, I'd appreciate following up.

Additionally, I think that I've found that there is a significant time-lag in calculating & reporting the tidal volume, so I've not focused of trying to associate tidal volume with instantaneous single deep breaths.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What is an "acceptable" Large Leak percent?
Acceptable large leak is zero (LT the ResMed Threshold value)
If you are slightly above that and you can observe no abnormalities in any of the charts, then and only then would you be ok. This is not something I can say only this much too.

I will say I always feel any significant LL need to be addressed, though always a spike can generally be ignored, that is unless they regularly appear.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large Leak/UA Events since titration RainyDog 8 135 09-05-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Leak rate question weepingwillow 29 912 09-05-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Lots of flow limitations but good leak rate (restarting CPAP after 2 years off) sleepy331 10 494 08-14-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Cheyne Stokes - Mask/Leak Related? mark.apnea 4 255 08-12-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Why so many large leaks? Pogo007 3 306 08-12-2024, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Pogo007
  [CPAP] Should I focus on fixing leak, pressure, mask fit? costis 3 315 08-11-2024, 03:44 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  CPAP Mask Size Issue: Will Switching to a Large Prevent My Morning Headaches? sinanacar 4 262 08-10-2024, 12:49 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.