Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What was your experience fighting mouth leaks?
RE: What was your experience fighting mouth leaks?
Thanks a bunch!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been a mouth breather for a while.
Best solution so far was cover roll stretch tape.
It's been working so far
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2024, 06:28 PM)PersonInNY Wrote: Dodie, I actually bought a travel pillow hoping something like that would work. I can't envision your setup, though. Do you orient the pillow like a C, a U, or an upside-down U? Where exactly do you put your head? Do you sleep on your side?

I've tried using a buckwheat pillow and put a big dent in the middle for my head so I can't open my jaw. That didn't stop the mouth leaks, but it did at least keep my jaw from moving.

hi, i have positioned like a C, so my head gets support and i cant chin-tuck
Post Reply Post Reply
Person in NY.

Mouth leaker all my life and no end in sight!
Small lips, small chin, face thin , full set of teeth, a bit crooked, all from years of mouth breathing.
Started with nasal mask, switched to full face a couple months ago.
Back to nasal with mouth taping and that has been the best!
Trying myotape now, but not working at all.
May try lip balm of some sticky type, someone from Australia posted that awhile ago.

Also, i see you have a very wide range of pressure.
On your posted Oscar chart, it looked like your major leak started rightafter pressure went high.

Wondering if you might try lowering your max pressure?

I found i could really lower my CPAP pressure once i had my mouth taped, using dreamware nasal mask.

And there are many posts, and WIKI information showing that the AUTO pressure function can really get out of control sometimes, so
i think it would be worth a try for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP Newbie - Waking All Night With Mask Leaks Embeeous 14 298 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Embeeous
  AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth yngwiej 13 546 Yesterday, 06:10 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Leaks with Brevida pillow mask Ticman1 6 3,742 09-14-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: 40plus
Question [CPAP] Mouth Farts and Exhale Block KsKisser 2 185 09-12-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  anyone had turbinate reduction surgery and not experience Empty Nose Syndrome? sleepingbetterinFl 4 236 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Gross Huge leaks after hours of low leaks JoeSierpinski 8 282 09-06-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Struggling with leaks Resmed F40 Karatechop 12 2,113 09-04-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: JPB430

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.