Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wishes for the new version of OSCAR 1.5.1 or later.
Wishes for the new version of OSCAR 1.5.1 or later.
The AHI is important, but even more important is the answer to the question: How do you feel with Xpap Therapy treatment. 

We also know that weight can be an important cause of apnea and that apnea can increase as body weight increases.

Therefore, I am, as well as others, surprised that stating how you feel and adding body weight has been removed from OSCAR. I understand that there is no correlation with the other charts, but this should not be a reason to remove these options within OSCAR. There are certainly people who used to work with these and there is no longer an option to do so now. 

Can this be brought back in a later version of OSCAR?

In the past, the time was listed in parentheses for Hypopnea. I understand this has been removed because this hypopnea is not a true respiratory arrest and thus cannot be apnea. 

I know that (with me) this still occasionally occurs

and this is then still added, incorrectly, to the Total Time in Apnea. 

Question: Is it possible to indicate the time of Hypopnea in brackets again, but to separate this from the TTiA?

Normally in the Medical world everyone is told that a hypopnea should last at least 10 seconds or longer and this is not clearly shown now. By decoupling addition, then the TTiA finally gets a truly accurate representation.

Then the following: from an Oscar user in the Netherlands, the following question came up:

In OSCAR you can quite easily set a certain period and get all kinds of statistics, such as averages over the set period.
I would like to do this also with self-set flagging (the UF1 and UF2/UF3 at CPAP settings).

Is there any way to do that? I am not able to do it.
If not possible, wouldn't that be a nice functionality for OSCAR?

Could these UF 1 and UF 2 and UF 3 also be reflected within the Statistics Tab. This way, selections can then also be made over certain periods, just like all other data in this tab.

So, I saw already that the Oscar Update will be repaired very soon and I hope (not only me) that it will be also possible to put your feelings every day and your weight every into Oscar again in a newer version of Oscar.

Regards Ruud Hondema
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wishes for the new version of OSCAR 1.5.1 or later.
Thanks Ruud.  The OSCAR developers are currently discussing your suggestions in our private developers forum.  I expect once that discussion is completed, someone will come here and post their thoughts on all this.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Ruud J.
Your wishes have been heard. The bio-metrics for Feelings, weight, and BMI have been re-enabled.
The word Zombie has been replaced with Feelings. This should be released in the near future.

Your other suggestions are being considered as enhancements.
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for bringing that back Smile

Was wondering (and this can be different between people) but would there be a way to highlight REM starting every 90 mins after session start? Like a tickmark or overlay somewhere?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2023, 10:05 PM)LoudSnorer Wrote: Thanks Ruud J.
Your wishes have been heard. The bio-metrics for Feelings, weight, and BMI have been re-enabled.
The word Zombie has been replaced with Feelings. This should be released in the near future.

Your other suggestions are being considered as enhancements.

Hi LoudSnorer, thanks for telling this.

The bio-metrics for Feelings, weight, and BMI have been re-enabled.

When can we see this in OSCAR? Will this in version 1.5.1. ? I just checked this by downloading OSCAR again from the website:

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

but this is still without the bio-metrics for Feelings, weight, and BMI 

Kind regards Ruud Hondema
Post Reply Post Reply
Ruud J - These parameters are now in the raw code, but no executable files for distribution have been built at this time. If you understand how to compile the code, you can make an early version of OSCAR that now includes these features.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm tempted to compile 1.5.1 but I haven't done that in like 20 years. Plus, lazy. hahaha.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also look forward to the metrics coming back. I had posted a similar thread 1.5 Zombie
I hoped we could have more metrics to correlate with the XPAP metrics.
I we had a wish list, I would add the Deep Sleep, REM, and Light Sleep metrics available from most smart devices.
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I second B1Sailor on the Deep Sleep, REM, and Light Sleep metrics available from most smart devices. I also track those in a separate app.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wait ... a second.!?     ;-)
No, wait. A "Second"?
Wait a second, I didn't think we had a vote.
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information New SEFAM Analyize software version 3.2.0 SuperSleeper 5 2,216 Today, 06:24 AM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Version 1.4 morningstar 0 165 09-02-2024, 02:26 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  OSCAR -revert to previous version munthike 1 298 08-11-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: munthike
  Version 1.5.2 Problems flipmike 13 1,332 05-16-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Deleting old OSCAR version Poolboy 7 607 05-15-2024, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Where can I download an US version of myair app? Raymondchan338 3 440 05-12-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 571 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.