Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wishes for the new version of OSCAR 1.5.1 or later.
RE: Wishes for the new version of OSCAR 1.5.1 or later.
OSCAR is always looking for programmers to do such things!
Post Reply Post Reply
I know Gideon, but I am a total nobody with programming  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Anybody can make suggestions, programmers get to vote with their code!
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2023, 11:28 AM)Sleepy Quixote Wrote: Deep Sleep, REM, and Light Sleep metrics available from most smart devices.

Using 1.5.0 I do not see any of these on the "Daily Details" pane. But I can at least find "Deep Sleep" under the "Daily Events" pane. My simple assumption is that my device (Prisma) is not tagging REM or Light Sleep. With my Dreamstation I did not even see "Deep Sleep" - but could be because I had none.
Post Reply Post Reply
The app of Löwenstein Prisma could also show the DeepL sleep. So Light and Rem sleep could not show in Oscar I resumé.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2023, 04:08 PM)clan Wrote: Using 1.5.0 I do not see any of these on the "Daily Details" pane. But I can at least find "Deep Sleep" under the "Daily Events" pane.

I need to correct myself. When using the Prisma "Deep Sleep" is fully supported in OSCAR. It is listed in "Daily Events" but you can also find it in "Daily Details". You need to look at the very bottom of the window below all the graphs. There you can select which graphs you want to display. For me it by default said "12 of 17 Event Types" and when clicking the drop down I was able to select "DS".

When selected it:
- does not appear as a standalone graph
- It appears within the "Event Flags" graph for the duration so they are easy to spot
- the duration is futhermore colored as an overlay on "Flow rate" which makes it even more visible
- It is listed with a percentage in the left hand overview right above "Statistics".

So this is really great. But my noise might have detracted from what the OP might have meant and would be really really nice to have.

- It is not available in the "Overview" page. I can select 12 different graphs but no DS
- It would be supernice to have it on the "Statistics" page as well.
- And in my personal opinion this metric is so important it should be considered for the "Welcome" page as well. But that is a tough call.

As the Prisma import is new then this metric might be new so it might already be on the roadmap. That would be interesting to know. But then people would have expectations to manage *sigh*

From what I can gather it does not look like it is super precise. But so far i have not seen a lot of false positives. Just as the AHI it will be an imperfect number.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a suggestion, after watching someone score a sleep study on YouTube.

How about hotkeys for:

10 minute window, and a 2 minute window. And maybe 30 seconds (which is one epoch I think).

Thanks lads. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
If you hold the <SHIFT> key when you left-click on a graph will provide a 3-minute zoom at that location.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, that's super handy! Thx!

PSG software apparently has a 30 second window as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information New SEFAM Analyize software version 3.2.0 SuperSleeper 5 2,216 11 hours ago
Last Post: DrJelly
  Version 1.4 morningstar 0 165 09-02-2024, 02:26 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  OSCAR -revert to previous version munthike 1 298 08-11-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: munthike
  Version 1.5.2 Problems flipmike 13 1,332 05-16-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Deleting old OSCAR version Poolboy 7 607 05-15-2024, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Where can I download an US version of myair app? Raymondchan338 3 440 05-12-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 571 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.