Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose
Airsense 11 Heated Hose
About a year ago I replaced my machine with a ResMed Airsense 11 and am very happy with the results.  I subsequently started using a heated hose for the machine and am having issues with the connection between the hose and the mask.  The connection offers little resistance and the mask disconnects from the hose a couple of times a night when I roll over (I use the ResMed P10 nasal pillow system).  Has anybody else experienced this? Does anybody know if there is an adaptor of some sort available that will make the connection more secure? I have searched many websites and haven't been able to find anything. I appreciate any insight anybody has on this issue to help 'solve' my problem.  

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11 Heated Hose
I use the Airsense 11 with heated hose and an F30 mask. I've also used several other masks before settling on the F30. I've never had a problem like yours except for one hew headgear with an adapter that felt slightly loose, though not in danger of coming off. I just exchanged it for an adapter from a prior headgear. Are you using a Resmed mask? If not, that might be the issue. But ask for a replacement adapter and see if that works better.
Post Reply Post Reply
DUCT TAPE -- THE UNIVERSAL SOLUTION TO LIFE'S LITTLE PROBLEMS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
HAHA - duct tape and the package says "Not for use on Ducts"

Seriously - how about a little sand paper to rough up the outside of the mask adaptor where it feeds in?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Airsense 11 heated hose buggy285 6 234 09-28-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  P10 nasal 15mm connected to 19mm hose? Stubert 2 139 09-25-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Equipment] overnight cover: machine, hose and mask? seepapnyc 9 338 09-15-2024, 01:25 PM
Last Post: seepapnyc
  How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? Hmm888 9 8,461 08-30-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 10 2,098 08-25-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  hose sliding off mask Dawei 16 15,682 07-26-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: amx1966
  Airfit P10 nasal pillow+tube > Resmed S11 heated tubing, which adapter? NightOwl42 8 512 07-25-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.