Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

GeorgeGus - Therapy Analysis
RE: GeorgeGus - Therapy Analysis

OK got it. Thanks for the help.
I do not know how the Y axis got set to 120. I did not deliberately do it.

Anyway last night had a great AHI but a not so good LL. The LL seems to be centered around one event lasting about 50 minutes, consisting first of spikes and then two plateaus. This did not disturb my sleep. I do not know what caused them and what fixed them. I looked at several previous nights and they all seem to be isolated random events, causes and fixes unknown to me.

The rest of the charts and Statistics seem OK to my limited knowledge except that Flow Rate is ragged.

I slept extremely well and woke up fully refreshed.

I look forward to comments and suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
Still lots of leaks.  Maybe this will help.  

Mask Primer
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
UnicordRider

Thanks for the YouTube links. I watched the three videos and they did fill in some missing gaps. Unfortunately they did not seem to zero in on my particular LL problem. As he said, every individual patient has individual solutions. I have now tried three different nasal masks, all of which were over 40% LL. The two pillow masks were same LL and I am now using the most comfortable one.

I did try when I used the nasal masks a soft cervical collar and tape seal for the mouth. They did not seem to make any difference but may I should try them again with the pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2024, 03:52 PM)Jay51 Wrote: Still lots of leaks.  Maybe this will help.  

Mask Primer

Thanks for the link. I have read that. I really do not know what to try.
Post Reply Post Reply
George the reason your flow rate looks ragged is because it is scaled from 0.0 to 40.0, the same scaling that your leak rate now is.

Double click Left mouse button on the graph title, it should toggle between an auto fit (dynamic scaling) and the view you have displayed.

If you right click the title area of the Flow Rate Graph you should be able  run down to Y_Axis then correct the Override value to have a + & - value of about equal value.

I will often times play with Override when looking at Zoomed Flow Rate to get a better presentation.

In this view I was ask to find a representative view of my GOOD wave forms in the Flow Rate. I selected an area away from any Event Flags, scrolled to find my best, then scaled the Flow Rate Graph, to get what looks most like the good examples I have found previously in the Wiki or internet..

I think you will be able to fix that now.

The other item I wanted to mention was to get rid of the Calendar when posting OSCAR Reports. The Calendar takes up valuable space that will present more valuable information for the forum members trying to help. Try reading this:

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ganization

Leaks are the Bane of all Hoseheads who don a mask seeking a better night's sleep. Keep working towards the minimum leak you can achieve. I had to reread that Mask Primer many times, then one day everything just fell into place. I still have seasonal allergies that affect the mask fit, and I will chase that leak free mask fit until after allergy season, then I guess my face quits changing shape (Inflammation?). Over winter I get my best leak free status without changing headgear settings.

Remember this is your thread do not forget to review all of the information, especially when new or down the road if you start having problems.

Meanwhile work on the leaks, Review the Wiki & YT videos, you will become more comfortable with maneuvering around and inside of OSCAR.

We will leave the setting where they are for now.

Post more OSCAR Reports, we will get this fine tuned yet.

Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EDS Help- OSCAR Analysis OSAsucks 9 272 11 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Oscar Analysis SearchForPanacea 4 153 Yesterday, 09:32 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Xboxrrod Analysis Dreamstation BIPAP Xboxrrod 5 293 09-14-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Xboxrrod
  OSCAR Analysis Request harryd91 4 409 08-09-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: harryd91
  Where to find Indepth PAP therapy analysis? PappaJoe 14 788 08-07-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Amorsen84 Therapy Analysis - please help Amorsen84 10 595 08-04-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Surprised OSCAR Results Analysis 4thehalibit 6 354 07-26-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: 4thehalibit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.