Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

liebano - Therapy Analysis
RE: Still tired and CA events
FWIW how I got a bilevel, in this case a DreamStation Bipap Auto, was to complain the CPAP therapy was very uncomfortable. Easy to believe because my first CPAP was a RemStar manual single pressure on 18 cmH2O. I emphasized the negatives about therapy, basically nothing was good about it and like I said I emphasized it big. Later it was revealed in my sleep study the predominant 124 CA events over the 24 Obstructive. So the ScreamStation wasn't the right answer either. Repeat to get ASV, complain that is uncomfortable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You said you are more tired now?
Are you dreaming more with cpap?

That may be also rem rebound.

I also had central apneas in the beginning of cpap journey. I remember I started cpap in circa 15.05.2023. and still 30.07.2023. had some nights with around 2-3 central apneas.
It started to fade out from september Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi! I don't remember doing anything different that night. Is it possible that a light sleep contributes to a low AHI?
Regarding the cervical collar, is it recommended for CA? I thought it was for OSA only. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
We suggest soft cervical collars for a number of reasons. Positional apnoea is one, but helping with chin-tucking to reduce flow limitations is another. Some use it for general comfort as it may help with neck tension by allowing it to rest on the collar. 

If it means better sleep I’ll wear it. Collar, sock on one foot, underwear inside-out, I don’t care as long as it helps with sleep.

It does not help with everyone, but for a less than $20 USD investment it does not hurt to try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a specific model/brand you recommend?
Post Reply Post Reply
Help with OSCAR data
Last night, I had 2.6 AHI and woke up drained. I don't understand why, even with a lower number of events than my sleep study showed (13.6), I feel even more tired. I have been using CPAP for 3 months.
Could someone check my OSCAR data and give me some advice? Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: liebano - Therapy Analysis
liebano - Your last 2 threads pertain to your therapy. For this reason, I have merged them and renamed the thread, liebano - Therapy Analysis. Please keep all further posts that are about your therapy in this thread. It allows the reader to see your history and progress.

I will be confirming this change in a PM to you as well.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: liebano - Therapy Analysis
Last night, I had a successful outcome with my sleep apnea treatment. My AHI was 0.93, which is great news as it shows a significant reduction in the number of CAs. However, I noticed that the maximum pressure reached its limit of 13 cmH2O. My pressure range is set between 8-13 cmH2O. Therefore, I am wondering if I should increase the maximum pressure to 14 cmH2O. Also, I would like to know if 8 cmH2O is a good value for the minimum pressure. I have attached an image from OSCAR and would appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EDS Help- OSCAR Analysis OSAsucks 9 269 8 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Oscar Analysis SearchForPanacea 4 152 Yesterday, 09:32 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Xboxrrod Analysis Dreamstation BIPAP Xboxrrod 5 293 09-14-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Xboxrrod
  OSCAR Analysis Request harryd91 4 409 08-09-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: harryd91
  Where to find Indepth PAP therapy analysis? PappaJoe 14 788 08-07-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Amorsen84 Therapy Analysis - please help Amorsen84 10 595 08-04-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Surprised OSCAR Results Analysis 4thehalibit 6 354 07-26-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: 4thehalibit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.