Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

5 days on BiPAP. My CSA is increasing and last night it skyrocketed
5 days on BiPAP. My CSA is increasing and last night it skyrocketed
Hi, I'm new here. I was recently diagnosed with severe OSA (pAHIo= 74.5) and also mild CSA (pAHIc= 5.8)

I am using the 3B Luna G3 25A BiPAP machine. I am 5 days in so far. My AHI numbers so far:

Night 1: AHI 2.4 / CAI .4
Night 2: AHI 4.8 / CAI 1.8
Night 3: AHI 6.0 / CAI 3.0
Night 4: AHI 7.4 / CAI 6.8
Night 5: AHI 35.2 / CAI 34.6

So, obviously I'm concerned about the huge increase in my AHI from last night, and the apparently increasing CAI from night to night. It looks to me like that the machine is keeping my OSA in a good range around 1-3 AHI, but my CSA is getting worse each night. Any ideas about what could be causing this?

I am using the Bleep Eclipse system instead of a mask. The first 4 nights when I woke up I could hear air leaking through the halo adhesive tape, but the machine didn't record any High Leak time. Last night I did a better job of applying the adhesives and I didn't hear any air leaking when I woke. Other than adjusting the way I apply the halo adhesives, I have not made any other changes to my regimen or to the machine.

The Luna G3 is not compatible with OSCAR unfortunately, if anyone has any ideas about how to get a more detailed analysis from the machine plz let me know.

Thanks for reading!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5 days on BiPAP. My CSA is increasing and last night it skyrocketed
this guy managed to get data out of it https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...-G3-graphs
but i can't seem to find this  software available for download. maybe you should ask him.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5 days on BiPAP. My CSA is increasing and last night it skyrocketed
I believe the 3B CPAPs are sold under the Luna and RESmart names. Look here for the Windows only software:
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...r-software

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 19 1,477 07-17-2024, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help! How long (days/months) are sleep study results valid for? ApneaNewbie 7 6,788 06-21-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: JRuck504
  [CPAP] Started CPAP 5 days ago, have burning pain in thigh Flibbertigibbet 9 407 06-05-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data for low AHI vs high AHI days ceezee 3 251 06-03-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: ceezee
  Clarify/ Increasing Epap for snoring /arousal ? opo218 3 298 06-01-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 112 3,824 05-21-2024, 05:21 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 516 04-24-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.