Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread
RE: Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread
My suggestion that CPAP may not be able to resolve upper airway restriction because it is very limited in offering pressure support, which is how bilevel can absolutely resolve flow limitation. That is why I specifically mentioned the Vauto. I don't understand how you arrived at thinking a surgical option was even being contemplated. We don't konw the physiologic cause of your upper airway restriction. Some people find relief with nasal surgery, and others benefit from upper airway surgeries like tonsillectomy or uvula. This is not our expertise here, and some surgeries can have permanent negative effects.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2024, 07:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: My suggestion that CPAP may not be able to resolve upper airway restriction because it is very limited in offering pressure support, which is how bilevel can absolutely resolve flow limitation. That is why I specifically mentioned the Vauto.  I don't understand how you arrived at thinking a surgical option was even being contemplated.  We don't konw the physiologic cause of your upper airway restriction.  Some people find relief with nasal surgery, and others benefit from upper airway surgeries like tonsillectomy or uvula.  This is not our expertise here, and some surgeries can have permanent negative effects.

Good day sleeprider do you think if he use oral cpap mask it would help ? I mean if the problem arising from uvela and soft palat  that could interrupt sleep by snoring ,flow limitation , skip breathing from mouth and breath through mouth to lungs
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello guys,

Someone on reddit adviced me to increase my pressure to 12 and honestly itw been working for me, I am getting more deep sleep (According to my apple watch). However after checking OSCAR, my flow limit has increase A LOT, but I feel fine? What is the explanation to this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello guys, its been a while since I last posted. I wanted to give an update and ask for some support.

So..., i did something called a somnoscopy, to see what is actually going on.  The link is here if anyone is interested:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XMWYSti...drive_link

I also have a summarized report but its on spanish, ill still upload it in case anyone is interested.  

Heres my current situation: CPAP has been working for the most part, at least I am not getting as many headaches as before, however I am still struggling with it. I feel like i dont breath properly from my nose, I did a TAC (Heres the link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...drive_link) which shows big turbinates, however the doc said its not as big of a deal. However I feel like I dont breathe sometimes from one of the sides of my nose. 

The doctor that did the somnoscopy suggested to do 2 things: 1 use a mandibular advance device instead of CPAP and to visit a neurologist to get a sleep inductor pill or something like that. I am not sure what is my best step since all doctors seem to be interested in taking money from me, since I am paying out of pocket for all of this. 

Please someone advice me on what to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
The sedated endoscopic study seems to confirm a positional apnea with phalangeal vellum obstruction and some tongue obstruction. The study can only see what is presented in sedated sleep without positive air pressure therapy, but did a good job of defining the issues. I'm not a big believer in MAD therapy using dental devices, and have suggested that bilevel pressure support may be the most effective approach to relieving your sleep obstruction, which is mainly flow limitation. This study does not persuade me otherwise, but confirms the condition you have complained of from the beginning of this thread. So we can address your flow limitation through a dental mandibular advancement device or bilevel positive pressure. I have no problem with you following the advise of your doctors, but when you tire of the temporomandibular malfunction and lack of respiratory relief, the BiPAP will remain an option.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for the response sleep rider. I will try to pirate my CPAP so I can make it a bilevel, before attempting something else. The doctor wanted me to do the dental device because I’m kinda young to be using the CPAP, however I just want to sleep. Also, do you think I should get a turbinate reduction by laser? I do feel like my nostrils are blocked most of the time and I’m tired of that lol
Post Reply Post Reply
We have had members that benefited from nasal surgery and solved a lot of flow resistance problems. I'm not a big fan of radical UPPPP surgery, but nasal modifications have shown a lot of positive results. It's not very comfortable according to those that have done it, but recovery times are in the 2-week range. Bilevel PAP simply overcomes the physiological restrictions and mitigates them. So it is remains an option. You are young, and otherwise healthy, so it's unfortunate you have this problem, but pressure support is an option to surgery to offset the physical restriction during inhale...flow limitation. Either way, I'm sure you will get this worked out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Uppp  success rate is depend on patient selection  and site of obstruction not all osa patients will get benefit from the procedure
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone. I am thinking on trying to flash my Capp so I can convert it into a bipap. Any material or tips you guys could give me ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Apnea Board is unable to to provide any assistance with firmware or software, nor can you use your account to acquire such pirated software.  Rule #3: "Offering, mediating, soliciting or facilitating the sale, trade, or transfer of commercially-sold or pirated computer software packages or digital media is also prohibited."
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,002 416,098 Today, 06:56 AM
Last Post: CpapCamper
  MildOSAHighRera's therapy tuning thread MildOSAHighRera 17 1,231 09-30-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: THEVGE
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 31 1,032 09-29-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] TinySteve - Therapy Thread TinySteve 14 711 09-26-2024, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  evanms17 Therapy Thread evanms17 24 1,425 09-24-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: evanms17
  MadFox - Therapy Help Thread MadFox 17 900 09-24-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: MadFox
  [Treatment] somniosus - Therapy Thread [new user looking for initial settings advice] somniosus 1 136 09-22-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.