Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Pressure Issue
RE: Air Pressure Issue
(10-11-2024, 11:32 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Jay has the difference correct. ASV mode is static EPAP, ASV Auto has EPAP range.

Quote of your sentence:

"From 0 episodes to having episodes and huge leaks is driving me nuts."

You said there's a huge leak. It might not be a mask issue, however. This must be addressed, period. ASV doesn't tolerate large leaks.

PS, the sleep HQ charts do not show the huge leaks. Commence beating dead horses. We can track this better in OSCAR. Coffee

Will have to wait till I get out of the hospital then, will keep you updated.
God bless you  Way-to-happy
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2024, 11:32 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Jay has the difference correct. ASV mode is static EPAP, ASV Auto has EPAP range.

Quote of your sentence:

You said there's a huge leak. It might not be a mask issue, however. This must be addressed, period. ASV doesn't tolerate large leaks.

PS, the sleep HQ charts do not show the huge leaks. Commence beating dead horses. We can track this better in OSCAR. Coffee

Sir I got home and got Oscar details, how do I post it here? I have no clue
Post Reply Post Reply
See the following links:
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...pnea_Board
- and -
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...ttachments

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2024, 04:04 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: See the following links:
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...pnea_Board
 -  and  -
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...ttachments

- Red

I know how to upload and post attachments did, how do I get the Oscar I go to put it here? Sleephq has a share data option through a link, I don't know what to do with Oscar's info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to your Daily screen, press the F12 key (or Fn+F12 for a Mac).
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2024, 04:28 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Go to your Daily screen, press the F12 key (or Fn+F12 for a Mac).
- Red

So it's just a print screen? I thought there was another way. Haven't used a computer in about 5 years ??
Post Reply Post Reply
It is sort of like the Print Screen function. However, it only captures OSCAR and removes unnecessary things like the calendar.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Quote of your sentence:

Can you please tell me which chart you want? Only the daily? You won't see them the other days issue I've had with setting epap that's blowing my mask away. Also that I was using the max epap settings when I started and can't use them anymore ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2024, 11:34 AM)Vako Wrote: ASVAuto mode is more dynamic and makes automatic adjustments to both EPAP and PS based on real-time feedback, while ASV mode uses fixed EPAP and only adjusts the pressure support.
Won't touch Epap at all.

Yes, but you can set it to spontaneous mode as well where min epap won't jump (this is useful for folks suffering from aerophagia).
Post Reply Post Reply
A standard OSCAR chart will be fine. You may want to present one like that and one swapping in mask pressure in place of pressure.

On the ASV, to have a static EPAP, this will be via ASV mode. Whether this mode or ASV Auto is more useful will probably depend on how many Obstructive based events there are. I found by using ASV for 2 years that EPAP in the ASV tends to treat most of the Obstructive events, while PS takes in the workload of dealing with Centrals.

Do note that flow limits may be present, and it's due to a side effect of ASV CA treatment.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large SpO2 drop when starting sleep....issue or not? THEVGE 2 92 10-23-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
Question CPAP + O2 Concentrator Issue? mogulman 15 641 10-17-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: mogulman
  02ring (Wellue) issue Blubarb 5 220 10-05-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Blubarb
  CPAP Mask Size Issue: Will Switching to a Large Prevent My Morning Headaches? sinanacar 5 436 09-28-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: sinanacar
Sad OSCAR SPO2 Import Issue from Vihealth(Checkme O2) MikeVet 2 218 09-26-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 11 2,011 09-13-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Mask Seal issue HarveyCPAP 2 272 09-11-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: HarveyCPAP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.