Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Could anyone help interpret my OSCAR data?
Could anyone help interpret my OSCAR data?
Hey everyone,

I've been using CPAP for several years now, but I'm still struggling with feeling unrested most days. Despite being young, in good physical shape, and having a very low AHI, I haven't received many new insights from the doctors I've consulted regarding how to improve my sleep apnea treatment.

My girlfriend recently pointed out a couple of additional relevant details:
  1. I tend to tuck my chin while sleeping, causing my head and neck to droop forward.
  2. There are periods during sleep when I unconsciously open my mouth, causing the CPAP air to escape.
I would genuinely appreciate any assistance or insights. This community is awesome and I'm grateful for the generosity and advice shared here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Could anyone help interpret my OSCAR data?
Welcome

I suggest that you raise your beginning pressure to 7.  Most adults feel a little air-starved with your present setting.  It would also be good to raise your EPR setting to 3.  This will lessen your flow limits which are a little higher than we like to see.  You have some leaking but I don't think it's enough to worry about for now if last night was typical.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Could anyone help interpret my OSCAR data?
Thank you so much, Deborah! I'll give these settings a try tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help analyzing Oscar data Rosebearjoey 7 144 2 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 17 453 11 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 8 458 Yesterday, 08:37 AM
Last Post: richardb123
  New member looking for Oscar data help mttm 16 595 Yesterday, 07:46 AM
Last Post: mttm
  [Treatment] Advice with OSCAR Data sploomb 3 198 10-04-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Surprised Help Interpreting Oscar data HN2207 13 370 10-04-2024, 07:13 AM
Last Post: HN2207
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 4 217 10-03-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.