Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea?
RE: Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea?
Here are the 3 minute samples. :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea?
Nothing remarkable showing up. The increased inspiration time often appears when there is actually a relatively long null flow at the end of expiration, which is the case here. There is minor flow limitation and some unevenness in the respiratory flow, all of which is completely normal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thank you.

Anything else I can try with the settings? 

Otherwise I can only think of getting a different mask to try and if that doesn't improve things, that I guess cpap therapy doesn't work for me? I remember my doctor said that my AHI might be too low to really notice a drastic improvement with a cpap machine. Maybe he was right after all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm continuing this old thread after 2 years.

Fair to say, the last 2 years I kinda gave up.

After, bad sleep is all I'm used to. I can only remember 1 night in my life where I woke up rested and I still dont know why or what happened that night. That was 2016 (without CPAP).

The CPAP didn't change anything for me when it comes to sleep quality –  I have been using it on and off the past 2 years.

I don't notice any difference whether I use it or not.

However, I really really want to fix my sleep.

So here we go with another try.

- I recently suspected I might have UARS so I played around with the settings in my CPAP and used it with steady pressure.

- Attached are some recent screens from OSCAR.

- For reference, please see older screens in this thread to compare.

- I just bought a new mask and hope it will make a difference. So far I find it quite comfortable, even though my nostrils hurt a little after using. But I might just have to get used to it.

Really appreciate any help or feedback.

Post Reply Post Reply
The last 3 nights I used a different setting with high minimum pressure and EPR at 3.

Please see the screenshots attached.

Some random notes:

- I feel like the first 3 hours are always very good and I sleep through.

- After that I wake up and then never enter deep sleep again.

- I really like the new mask but yet can't seem to keep it on the whole night.

Any advice is greatly appreciate.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers look decent, but you have some leaks to work out. Looks like mouth breathing or your mouth/jaw is falling open while you sleep.

Your charts are a little hard to read. We really don't need to see all the graphs. When you repost, use the format in my signature line that shows you how to organize a chart.

We only need to see the following graphs: Events, Flow rate, Pressure, Leak rate and Flow Limitation. Also, please leave the calendar off.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I definitely have problems with leaks – they wake me up plenty of times. The main problem is that I suddenly drool a lot which makes the mouth tape go off. I often used to drool but not that much. I think this is also connected with air full of cheeks that I sometimes get.

- I know try to use a chin strap + mouth tape
- I will try to reduce my maximum pressure from 14 to 12 tonight for the first time in hopes it will help with the cheeks full of air.
- If not, I might try to use EPR to 2 as well.

Does that make sense?

Current settings: 

- APAP 
- EPR Full Time 
- EPR: 3 
- Pressure Min: 8.6 
- Pressure Max: 14

Please see my charts below.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surviving an overnight flight with apnea? McMartin 6 128 10 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  CPAP Newbie - Waking All Night With Mask Leaks Embeeous 14 271 10 hours ago
Last Post: Embeeous
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 13 415 09-16-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: citrus1
Sad [Treatment] Many Undetected Apnea and Hypopnia Events Tabster 6 172 09-16-2024, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Tabster
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,957 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
Question [CPAP] My Sleep Apnea is Worse than Yours... plz Help!! memoryNada786 8 562 09-13-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: memoryNada786
  can I test for sleep apnea by setting a very low pressure? joelin02 12 502 09-11-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: PersonInNY

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.