Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] UARS & sleep apnea? Pls help analyze OSCAR data
UARS & sleep apnea? Pls help analyze OSCAR data
I was wondering if someone could look at my OSCAR data to confirm my suspicions that I have UARS in addition to sleep apnea (if that is possible). I was diagnosed with sleep apnea 6 months ago during an overnight sleep lab. I felt pretty good during my first month of using my CPAP (ResMed Airsense 10), but then felt terrible again. My doctor upped my max pressure to 18, which helped. 

Since upping my pressure, my AHI stays below 2 each night, but I still sleep a lot to try to make up for my poor quality sleep. I’m very clumsy and slow. I also recently quit a side job because I couldn’t focus. 

From looking at other posts on this forum, I suspect that I may have RERAs that don’t register as apneas, but are still disturbing my sleep. Someone also mentioned looking at the flow limitation data to see if it was ragged to determine if one is having RERAs. I cannot tell from my graphs if that is the case for me. 

The attached OSCAR data is from the last two nights. Any advice would be welcome.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UARS & sleep apnea? Pls help analyze OSCAR data
I do not see a clear case of UARS or RERAs, just some arousals in the 6/12/2024 chart. The 6/11/2024 shows nothing of note.

What I do see if your pressure is too low and using ramp is not helping.

Give the following a try:

Mode APAP
Min pressure 9
Max pressure 14
EPR 3 full-time
No ramp

If you are willing to give that a go it should help us narrow down a better pressure range for you. It will feel strange at first, but if you relax and breathe with the machine you should adapt fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UARS & sleep apnea? Pls help analyze OSCAR data
Thank you, I will try out your suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised Help Interpreting Oscar data HN2207 14 396 2 hours ago
Last Post: HN2207
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 6 250 9 hours ago
Last Post: twomashi
  New member looking for Oscar data help mttm 18 634 11 hours ago
Last Post: mttm
  Help analyzing Oscar data Rosebearjoey 7 158 Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 17 482 Yesterday, 02:11 PM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 8 472 Yesterday, 08:37 AM
Last Post: richardb123
  [Treatment] Advice with OSCAR Data sploomb 3 209 10-04-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.