Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Difference in Machines
Difference in Machines
So I'm seeing some Black Friday deals on CPAP machines. 

They have a AirSense 10 AutoSet With HumidAir (Card-to-Cloud Version) for 399 USD. 

I currently have a AS10 Elite from what I can find from it's product code, it has things like EPR etc. 

This model doesn't seem to have it at all, in the description. Aren't the machines exactly the same?  Other than the Cloud Modem missing?  Could this machine be somehow flashed to have the EPR option?

Also is the 399$ USD a good deal?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Difference in Machines
I took that deal.

Mine arrived today, can't wait to upgrade from the old dinosaur REMStar that shoots microplastics into my sinuses. Been a rough week on positional management methods only since I decided to bench it while awaiting the new one.

I don't need to flash anything to get EPR, just the clinician's menu. As I understand the card to cloud is the exact same machine with SD recording only, no modem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, so it has EPR, but it's just in the hidden menu? They don't advertise the machine as having it on their site, while advertising the EPR function on the AS10 Elite model.

Are you able to get into that menu and confirm EPR is there?  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is called the AutoSet, it will have EPR, and will have a pressure range. It's also OSCAR charts compatible.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can't double check it at the moment, we're up north and I got in trouble for poking my head in the room right when the baby was falling asleep Sad

But I saw EPR when I was setting stuff up, made sure it was off because I hated C-Flex and had no trouble at all with it disabled, so I'm going to start without it.

It's got some other neat features that were interesting to me like auto start where it pressures up when it detects you breathing through the mask and lets up when you take it off. Should be just the ticket for going to deal with crying children in the night. That's always been my job because I can fall back asleep before my head even touches the pillow, but maybe with this machine that won't be the case anymore!
Post Reply Post Reply
SufiMindtrick,

That's an excellent price for the Card-To-Cloud model.  

And yes, it does have all the same features as the AirSense 10 AutoSet, but without the cellular modem.

You are probably not noticing EPR in the description as it is usually listed as "Expiratory Pressure Relief" (EPR)
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok perfect!  Going to pull the trigger. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nick The Aussie did a video where he takes the 3G modem from one and plugged it into a Card2Cloud... it came up and worked!  They still use 3G down under... I don't see any reason why it would not work with 4G... so I popped for a new C2C (399$ @ [DME Link Removed] Supplier #1 ).  Screamin' deal, get 'em while they're hot... now I can replace the motor on my old A10 (ordered one from the smiley place) without worrying if I mess it up.  Gotta have a backup plan, scary thing to do, take apart your only lifeline.

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BoxcarPeter,

Autostart is great. Just put the mask on and it starts at the second breath (for me).

Autostop works too, but with a small twist. When you take the mask off, the machine continues to blow for a couple of seconds and then it stops because it finds no obstruction/open end. But it WILL record those last seconds as a Large Leak. It will come up as a Large Leak in MyAir and in OSCAR.

If you don't want that, just push the button to turn the machine off.

Cheers,

Charan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone use CPAP sanitizing machines? sleepingbetterinFl 6 291 09-09-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 619 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Mask Change - Big Difference? mark.apnea 4 386 08-14-2024, 07:28 AM
Last Post: mark.apnea
  Which CPAP machines do not use sound abatement foam? flogger 8 9,352 07-18-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Establishing Compliance Using Two Machines Sleepster 5 337 07-03-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Two Lowenstein Prisma 20A Machines on OSCAR MurrayNevada 9 562 06-15-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: MurrayNevada
  difference of pressure between Lowenstein and Resmed - bloating urielh 5 546 06-08-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.