Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation 2 shuts off every hour.
RE: Dreamstation 2 shuts off every hour.
Nothing new, just adding that my DS2 is doing this also. It happened once months ago but in the past 2/12 weeks there has only been 3 nights in which it was correct. It seems as if it is getting worse and I wonder if it will progress to the point of being ineffective Therapy. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I really don't know what to make of all this.

I know that having DME turning AUTO ON to OFF doesn't fix.

Fam is using another DS2 with earlier firmware and it's doing it too now. Maddening. 

It doesn't seem to effect the pressure curve at all (that I can tell).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello. My DS2 started doing this about August 27. It’s pretty much every 60 minutes according to Oscar. Anyone have any updates? I factory reset but that didn’t do any good. I received the machine direct from Philips early in the recall and haven’t reached out to my DME as they didn’t provide it and are generally useless.
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips had me upload a .zip of the SD Card today. So we shall what comes of that.

They also said they have been getting a lot of trouble tickets for this issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
        So, the disconnects continue. No surprise.

What I realy do NOT get is, Flex is OFF. And yet it appears as if EPAP is still lower than IPAP. Also, I don't get the spiky pressure curve. Granted they aren't huge spikes, but why do it at all?
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone heard anything from Philips about this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, this is super mental but hear me out:

I flipped the machine into CPAP mode briefly to check mask fit at a high pressure. Then I flipped it back to APAP with the range I had set.

One session.

Probably jinx'd myself. Let's see if stays that way. 

This makes zero sense but whatever  Dielaughing

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Welp that didn't last for long.

Has anyone else heard from Philips?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've now used the replacement DS2 for 7 nights.  The replacement was provided by Philips in response to my complaints that my previous DS2 was shutting down hourly.

The result - hourly shutdowns every one of those 7 nights.

Beginning to think long and hard about one of the discounted ResMed Airsense 10 card to cloud machines for under $600!  A divorce from Philips once and for all is becoming more and more compelling!
Post Reply Post Reply
Got an email from those guys.

Here's what they THINK is going on. Machine is making modem calls every hour and when it can't send the data to their servers, it makes another attempt 60 mins later.

Sounds like a reasonable hypothesis. This would explain why it does it no matter which firmware version. It's something on their backend servers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Newbie: can't stay asleep longer than 1 hour with mask on KianaBeth 8 320 09-17-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Wake up every half hour skoggy 8 634 08-23-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  New to CPAP, sleep Study had me at 90 events an hour jcpose 2 234 08-15-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: jcpose
  Waking up every hour Hauko 14 958 06-17-2024, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Hauko
  Does 10 EEG arousals/hour mean sleep apnea? BigWing 0 236 06-12-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  10 AHI per hour with cpap - normal? mickapoo 30 2,033 05-18-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Fall asleep and wake up in an hour with CPAP nicchamilton 4 455 05-15-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.