Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

GeorgeGus - Therapy Analysis
RE: GeorgeGus - Therapy Analysis
Would the Ti Min and Max have been edited for some reason, in conjunction with Trigger? I would think the edited timing would have an effect on the therapy. Asking because trigger high isn't default, and the timing sounds like a short window.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had started a thread in this main forum as soon as I received the AirCurve asking for help in the setup, about June 7. It was recommended I change the Trigger to High or Very High. I did that.

On page 6 of the Clinic's manual is a chart outlining what Ti Min and Max should be based on Patient Breath. My Respiraton Rate is 17 and interpolating the chart gives Ti Main of .9 and Ti Max of 1.75 for an I:E of 1.15.

Unfortunately I received no further replies in that thread. My situation was brought to life by UnicornRider's reply in the Software Support section to a question about manipulating charts. That thread has now been move here.

It is hard to get consistent help with so many threads and posts going on, but the Apnea Board is still the best thing going on out there. I would be even more lost without it.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is why we attempt to keep things consolidated into a therapy thread.

I see that there was a suggestion for Trigger High. Besides that, how did the timing edits help or hinder? I've probably missed comments about it.

I'm honestly not yet familiar with the default timing, but it did look to be on the short side, the reason I mentioned it. No stone unturned.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
George I am reviewing all of your threads, this may take some time. So in the mean time I would like you to review a couple of links I provided previously.

Leaks are a bane to all who don a *PAP mask, Please review this information. Over the years I have had the fortune of possessing several very good mask, that turned out to not fit after I started loosing weight, or gained weight. Did not make them Bad by any means just no longer satisfied my needs. So I find my self reviewing this material to get a good fit on my mask.:

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ask_Primer

By Standardization of the chart format, it makes it easier for forum members to quickly review OSCAR Reports and offer suggestions for improvement in therapy. So I am going to ask, before you post any more OSCAR reports to review the following links, then take the time to re-organize your OSCAR Report.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ganization

CPAPFriend is a forum member who has posted several very informative YT videos. I will link a couple of them here that will assist you in navigating your OSCAR Report to set it up in a standardized format.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32JwMc6dphQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujaoKvBnP00

CPAPFriend  also has a mask stressing the importance of leak free mask set up. It will reinforce the printed material I referenced earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtRWhOgfY2A

That should keep you busy for a little while. CPAPFriend has several very good YT videos out if you would like to check out the other videos he has to offer.

I have a lot of material to cover as you have created several threads, so it may be a little later that I get back to you.

Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
UnicornRider

Thanks once again for your detailed and informative post. Unfortunately, the first two links are broken.

I did indeed read your earlier link regarding mask leakage. I have tried three different nasal masks, all of which were over 40% leakage. I have now switched to a pillow mask which has dropped the leakage to 5%. I do not know how much lower we can go as the two events in the last charts are probably caused by random head movement against the pillow. Nearly all the time I sleep on my side. Is there a way to determine what is causing the leaks?

I did read your earlier link about Chart formats. I thought I used the correct formats for the last charts I posted. Please let me know what I did wrong.

I will take a look at the videos tonight.

I assume you do not want me to make any more changes until you have digested the earlier material. I also suggest we only make one change at a time.

Thanks again for all your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post #10 shows a leak chart that's needing editing so it's not reading to 120 L/Min and hindering detailed viewing.

However it appears there's some mask and possibly some mouth leak, as it seems there's the jagged pattern of mask and wide flattened mouth leak pattern. This from what I can see, signifying possibly how to see pattern of leaks and tying to type.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will send you a zoom of the leak section tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not so much that I'm in need of a zoom, but my poorly worded post was supposed to suggest an edit to OSCAR charts changing the X/Y axis or some such thing so as to shrink the extra high top value so it naturally shows more detail. Maybe another member can fill in what I'm attempting to describe. Until I start using a machine and OSCAR again it's hard to convey.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think Dave is saying that it would be easier to read the OSCAR leak (green) chart if it only went up to about 40L/min maximum on the chart and not all the way up to 120L/min.  I just went into my OSCAR.  The way to do it is to double click on the Y axis to reset the maximum value of the leaks.  It usually shows a dotted line though around 24L/min because that is the maximum allowable leak rate for the machine to be able to still (in theory) correctly calculate data.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that's the idea, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EDS Help- OSCAR Analysis OSAsucks 9 288 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Oscar Analysis SearchForPanacea 4 155 Yesterday, 09:32 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Xboxrrod Analysis Dreamstation BIPAP Xboxrrod 5 294 09-14-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Xboxrrod
  OSCAR Analysis Request harryd91 4 409 08-09-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: harryd91
  Where to find Indepth PAP therapy analysis? PappaJoe 14 788 08-07-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Amorsen84 Therapy Analysis - please help Amorsen84 10 596 08-04-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Surprised OSCAR Results Analysis 4thehalibit 6 354 07-26-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: 4thehalibit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.