Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Seal issue
Mask Seal issue
Hi,
I just joined this group and hope I'm posting my question correctly.

I have both obstructive and central apnea,

Last night for the first time I got a score of 16 out of 20 on the "Mask Seal" from the MyAir program. I've been using my Resmed 10 (or11) CPAP machine w/a FP Evora full face mask for a little over a month now & pretty much daily, I've been getting scores of 97 -100. And any negative score deductions were from my 'Events per hour' readings   That said, last night, where to hose actually connects directly to the mask, came off 3 times...So my question is, when the tube falls off the mask, does the software rate that as a 'mask leak' issue?  Or did I just not put the mask on correctly?

I also should mention that I tend to drool into the mask and last night I did so more that usual, so I'm wondering wondered if that might also be affecting my 'mask seal' score as well.

FWIW:  I did try Googling the above first, before posting, but could seem to find an answer

Thanks in advance,
Harvey
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Seal issue
(09-11-2024, 07:42 AM)HarveyCPAP Wrote: ..... last night, where to hose actually connects directly to the mask, came off 3 times...So my question is, when the tube falls off the mask, does the software rate that as a 'mask leak' issue?  Or did I just not put the mask on correctly?

The hose should not be disconnecting from the mask.  That connection should be pretty snug, where you have to twist it a bit to remove the mask tube.  Possibly, you're not inserting the mask hose all the way in, or you're missing a connection from the end of your mask?

Please read the Mask Primer for tips on a better fit.  Especially read this:  

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._Jeffy1958

I try not to take the "MyAir" scoring too seriously.  Rolleyes   It seems that the little Happy Faces are permanently stuck in that stupid smile, even if you have a high leak rate and had a crappy night sleep because of it.

We could better advise on your therapy and mask leaks if you could post a couple charts from the OSCAR software.

The first two links in my signature line below should guide you in how to Organize a chart, take a Screenshot, and then post it here for review.  

Be sure you have an SD card in your pap machine while sleeping, or we will only see summary data.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Seal issue
Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

I don’t look on the machine for my results because I log online to the app and there I get a more detailed & nuanced report, that said the results are finally not all that informative, hence my joining this group.

And I agree that the hose that the hose should not pop off so easily.  It’s an oval, hard plastic to hard plastic connection, that literally ‘snaps’ into place.  And because of the oval shape connector I don’t think I can insert it incorrectly.

I will look at the link you provided 

Thanks again,
Harvey
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  02ring (Wellue) issue Blubarb 5 93 Yesterday, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Blubarb
  Anyone Know What a "Silicone Cushion And Seal Kit" Is? Rickyricardo 2 114 10-04-2024, 12:12 AM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Air Pressure Issue Vako 11 476 10-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP Mask Size Issue: Will Switching to a Large Prevent My Morning Headaches? sinanacar 5 374 09-28-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: sinanacar
Sad OSCAR SPO2 Import Issue from Vihealth(Checkme O2) MikeVet 2 161 09-26-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 11 1,864 09-13-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 619 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.