Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

collar use, TMJ and wake up events
collar use, TMJ and wake up events
When I don't use the hard collar to sleep, i tend to wake up with mouth filled with air. Also I have double the CA events than usual. I wonder if the pressure to high or the tongue in the wrong position, but i think is the jaw dropping down, the real problem. I do have neck and TMJ issues. I have set the pressure to 9 in cpap mode or 6-10 in apap. The mouth also seems a bit sore when this happens, like I'm mouth breathing and i do have just a nasal mask. Is the use of a collar common for people with severe sleep apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: collar use, TMJ and wake up events
I doubt if your pressure is too high.  It would be helpful if you used OSCAR and posted some charts.  However, it is common for people to use collars to keep their chin from dropping while sleeping.  Based on you description, I'm pretty sure that is happening to you.  If you find the collar uncomfortable, you can try mouth tape to keep air from escaping through your mouth.  That works well for many.  You might also try a full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Many Undetected Apnea and Hypopnia Events Tabster 7 226 Today, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Tabster
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 12 2,310 09-13-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  I think my mask is causing eye bags when I wake up cpap4uars 15 11,200 09-12-2024, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Jstalez
  [Diagnosis] Clear Airway, CSR events frolic 12 518 09-09-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Clear Airway Events Only - New User Help pacc815 15 568 09-06-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Unflagged events, treatment ineffective slatejetpack 4 202 09-05-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Large Leak/UA Events since titration RainyDog 8 216 09-05-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.